jimmyray

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Feeling out the market for this.

Gold 1973 340 Duster
Number's matching (engine + tranny)
Headers, Weiand stealth, Aluminum Breather and covers, big cam (great lope)
Higher stall converter, revers manual tranny, 8.25 sure grip w/4:10 gears
PS, PB, new 1.00 torsions (nice!), new KBY shocks from, air shocks back. Steering is tight with very little play.
MT front and rear on 14" magnum 500's. ralley mirrors, remote hood release.
All original interior except carpet, original AM radio, rear speaker fader, autometer tach, oil pressure and vacuum. buckets with console. New trunk floor professionally done, only second paint job with new side stripes. Great glass, little discoloration on a couple of the trunk seams (starting to rust), no bubbling. Overall great condition with great driver quality paint.
Best part - 102,000 documented miles, doors shut like new!!!

Asking $15,000

949a_3.jpg

85421284_3.jpg

85421284_4.jpg

85421284_9.jpg

9feb_3.jpg

Oh yeah, I have the original bill of sale, build sheet, the original manuals, lots of extras (brochures, etc.), and a set of the PDFservice manuals. everything works, except the radio, which works when it feels like it!

0831071323.jpg

85421284_11.jpg

b22d_3.jpg

Yep. I've had it about 5 months, but want to do more to it that I should to a #'s matching car. Shoulda thought that one out better.

It spent most of it's life in Ohio, until it moved to Texas about 3 years ago, and sat in VA at a Muscle Car dealership for a few months before I brought is to AL.

Cool car, lots of attention! I parked it at a local car show back in June, between two Cobra replicars. People would literally walk around/past the cobras to view the Duster! I think everybody in Alabama had a family member that owned one back in the day!!

BTW, how'd you remember that???

Nice car i dont really know about the price i am not sure what 340 matching #, 73 cars go for. It does look really good though. I like the fact that you are not willing to mess with it much though. I know a lot of guys who dont seem to understand that if your gonna cut on a car you should find a /6 or 318 car not something that they didnt make a ton of. I admire you. Justin

I would think that a #'s matching 340 car in recently restored condition would bring in at least 15k. Do you have pics of the undercarriage?

Yep. I've had it about 5 months, but want to do more to it that I should to a #'s matching car. Shoulda thought that one out better.

It spent most of it's life in Ohio, until it moved to Texas about 3 years ago, and sat in VA at a Muscle Car dealership for a few months before I brought is to AL.

Cool car, lots of attention! I parked it at a local car show back in June, between two Cobra replicars. People would literally walk around/past the cobras to view the Duster! I think everybody in Alabama had a family member that owned one back in the day!!

BTW, how'd you remember that???

easy , because a friend of mine was looking at buying that car! he was undesided and never actually looked at it. he regreats it now, but he did find a pretty nice car instead. i remember seeing it on the car dealers website. it is also unique because the hood is painted like a 73 twister for some reason...very nice car, glad to see you are not going to cut it up as well. good luck with it! :thumbup:

Nice car!!! But I think 15k is a little high considering the radio does not work properly .... LOL..

easy , because a friend of mine was looking at buying that car! he was undesided and never actually looked at it. he regreats it now, but he did find a pretty nice car instead. i remember seeing it on the car dealers website. it is also unique because the hood is painted like a 73 twister for some reason...very nice car, glad to see you are not going to cut it up as well. good luck with it! :thumbup:

This was the "Hood Blackout Option". from the factory. Below is 2 more 73's with the same option. The gold one is on e-bay now - ragged out!

hood.jpg

This was the "Hood Blackout Option". from the factory. Below is 2 more 73's with the same option. The gold one is on e-bay now - ragged out!
ahh... yes i stand corrected. i should have known that.:scratch: i had only seen this on twisters for 73 before. i had to look this up, and you are correct. v21 option code

It works fine, just on it's own schedule.:sad3:

Just a joke... I think the car is worth what you are asking.... Like mentioned before ... Find another that clean for that price.... I mean how often do you ever see one of these cars at all.... Never around my neck of the woods..

Just a joke... I think the car is worth what you are asking.... Like mentioned before ... Find another that clean for that price.... I mean how often do you ever see one of these cars at all.... Never around my neck of the woods..

Me either - it gets plenty of attention. You'd think it was a ferrari!

BTW, I knew you were joking, I was trying to reply with a joke, but it was a lame attempt...Oh well, better not quit my day job.:neutral:

The current owner of it wouldn't take $3,500 for it as it sits, with no engine or tranny. I used to own it in 84-89, and now would like to own it again. Bought it in Calf. while stationed out at Vandenburg AFB, and drove it to Whiteman AFB. Sold it to another G.I. with the deal "if he ever sells it again I get it back." Never happened tho. Have most of all the parts I would need to get it back on the road again, but needs serious attention towards the body/floors/trunk now. Been sitting on the ground drawing moisture for 5+ years.

MyDuster340 hood.jpg

Duster340 11 20 06 (Large).jpg

Right Front side.jpg

Right Rear Quarter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back