1973 Scamp how do i disconnect seatbelt buzzer

-

tiltedsix

Reaction score
hello out there...1973 Scamp - slant 6 ..automatic .......all the sudden when I put in gear "with seat belt on the buzzer goes off & stays on "im late for work" smile".......didn't even work at all until last night I pulled dash out a little to try and find dash light &just slipped it back in and now seatbelt buzzers works ..to much.....I just want to disconnect it

hello out there...1973 Scamp - slant 6 ..automatic .......all the sudden when I put in gear "with seat belt on the buzzer goes off & stays on "im late for work" smile".......didn't even work at all until last night I pulled dash out a little to try and find dash light &just slipped it back in and now seatbelt buzzers works ..to much.....I just want to disconnect it

There is an electronic plug coming out of the seatbelt in the seat. unplug it. done.:cheers:

There is an electronic plug coming out of the seatbelt in the seat. unplug it. done.:cheers:

That's all there is to it. :)

It's pretty easy to find since it's the only wires that go from the floor up into the seat.

Not wearing your seatbelt?

For me, it was more about having to get fully buckled in, just to start the car. Hopefully the OP is smart enough to buckle up before hitting the road!

If it is like my 75 Duster had there is a relay looking thing over by the fuse box just unplug the wires there. Back in the day I used to just buckle the seat belts and tuck them into the seat.

-
Back