1973 Swinger Trim Options?

-

Spacegrass

Reaction score
I was curious what the trim options that separated the price classes for the Dart Swinger.

I know that the LL is for the Swinger Special that was made in Ontario, but with a 318 under the hood I can’t tell what would differentiate it from an LH.

On a similar note, is there anywhere there’s a list of the full options that someone could order this car with?

First L is for Dart
the second L is low trim, M for medium and H for high
Unless something changed between 1970 and 73 LL is Dart Swinger and LH is a Dart Custom. Trim levels have nothing to do with engine size with one exception: in 1970 all the LM cars were 340 cars and only 340 cars - they had an odd mix of interior trim, like LH seats with LL door panels. I don't think there were any LM cars after 1970 because you had to buy a Demon to get a 340 (unless you lived north of the border).

Exactly right, srt12-340. My '70 Swinger 340 is an LM23H0R****** VIN. We need to meet sometime after Camaro-19 disease is under control. I'd love to pick your brain over a cold one. Paul.

70dart340 - I'm two shot vaccinated, and will be at the beach next week. Send me a pm with your contact info and I can give you a call when I get back.

-
Back