FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Contact seller
Need a core for a rebuild?

1974 318: $100 obo

Bone stock engine from carb (2V) to pan, minus the exhaust manifolds. Heads have been removed to check out the engine. ~117,000 miles. Was a running when I pulled it from a '74 Dart Swinger parts car, but it smoked on startup. Valve seals let go, I was going to have the heads freshened up but when I pulled the heads I noticed some vertical scoring on the cylinder walls. Nothing that won't clean up at .030, but it needs a rebuild. I can send pictures if you want, but its just a dirty, greasy 318 core engine.

225 /6 with 904: $100 obo

Complete, bone stock 225 out of a '74 Duster, although I was told it wasn't a numbers matching engine. Casting number is 280683-6, so it is still the forged crank, 5 freeze plug '68-'75 engine. Ran, but #2 has 0 compression. Leak down test put air into the crankcase, I assume its rings. Rest of the cylinders are fairly low, I didn't check any further since its more work than I want to deal with for a /6. Single barrel carb, adjustable rockers, basically a standard 225. The 904 attached to it shifts through all the forward gears, but wouldn't go into reverse. Could have been a linkage issue, I never checked it out because of the engine problems. Picture below (engine hoist not included [-X , but the valve cover is), I can send more if needed. Again- dirty, greasy, and otherwise ugly core engine. :puke:

Pickup only, I'm in the Sacramento area. The scrap yard is closer than the nearest shipping terminal, and they're not worth shipping anyway.

Just trying to see if anyone needs a core, otherwise I'll probably scrap them as I'm not going to build them.

Make me an offer! :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 299
willing to sell and ship just the carb off of the slant 6?

I really don't want to get into parting these things out, but the carb is easy enough. I'll send you a PM with details on it.

/6 carb is sold!

Everything else is still available! Feel free to make me an offer, otherwise this stuff will go to the scrapper...

Bump! Cleaning house soon here.

/6 and trans are free to good home, just pick them up! I've got a hoist to drop them right in the back of your truck!

318 is still available! Make me an offer :D

Bump! Slant 6 is sold (thanks Bill!!!), 318 is still available. Make me an offer! :D

Thanks. I lucked out since only 10 miles away. Wish I got this engine sooner since it came with an electronic carb. I bought one on ebay for ~$25 last Spring to put HEI on my 64 Valiant. Gives me a spare exhaust manifold too since those are prone to crack and getting hard to find. I already bought the $20 adapter ring to fit my 64 converter snout (from Charrlie_S on FABO). Now I just need to figure where to store it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back