-
Status
Not open for further replies.

hurrikain

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey there folks , I run the Chrysler Marine website, and I have decided to sell my personal boat. It is a 1974 Chrysler Conqueror SuperBee III which was the top performance boat Chrysler produced, ( The Conqueror lineup was the performance boats and they had a Shallow Vee, a 105, 135, and then the S-III )
This boat still has the dealers decals on it from 1974 , it was sold by Bob Frederick's dad (if you read Red Letter Dodge you know Bob )

The S-III is powered by a 360 and has a Volvo Penta sterndrive, she does about 50 with a 23 pitch prop. I just noticed that the interior picture is a very old one ( right after we bought it ) and since this was taken the carpet was replaced with some NOS blue Conqueror carpet I found at a dealership in MO.

I'm restoring a Shallow Vee Conqueror and have decided to sell the S-III and I would love for it to find a home in a Mopar fans garage. The price is $5800.

]

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

what is the length and is the 360 matching numbers to the boat?i have been looking for one of these,but a earlier model with the 340.hmmmmm...

Length is 18'6" Chrysler was really bad at documenting in the boats, we have never been able to come up with production numbers, and I am good friends with 3 of the 4 Chrysler designers that were at the Plano plant and designed these boats. The person I bought the boat from said it was, and I have never had it apart, but I can't say for sure before me owning it. Finding a 340 version is really hard as they only made the S-III with the 340's in 73 and then the very early part of 74, mid year the 360's were used, thru the 77 year when the S-III was dropped.

I bet you have had some interesting conversations with those friends of yours...how cool! As for the 340 versions,yes,they are scarce,have found two in my times of looking and they were so far gone it wasnt worth the time or money.It was hard to believe that someone wouldve let them go so far.Anyways,looks like you have a real beauty there,hope you have success in your sale.good price too!well worth it for a piece of rare chrysler history!

missed this 73 340 in 2009...$2700 obo.,sold it two days before i could get to Penn.,what a freakin deal!!!!Gotta love the cockpit on these!

Attachments

• main-boat1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 5,206
That was a extremely good deal! It's funny I found one of Chrysler's pre production boats,a CV250 (a 25 ft cruiser) on eBay, and my friend ended up buying it. It was never put into production and they only pulled 1 complete boat, so my friend has the only one! But man is it a BIG Boat! LOL Our friends from Chrysler verified it was their test mule and even produced the testing data with a number of different engines! One of the designers was involved with the design of the 64 Barracuda's , I'm not sure if he was the lead one, but he was pulled from the car design staff to go and evaluate the boats when Chrysler bought Lonestar and was the head of design for the boats until the end.

Just the usual. Too many projects going on to make any progress on any of them. There's a cheap Shallow Vee near here. Maybe I should buy it so I have another project I never finish.

You can give me your Dart Convertible and then you can go get that shallow.. heck give me the Dart and I'll buy you the shallow LOL

Hey there Wedge, I have a number of the signs.. I have a lot of the large ones, and I even have a NOS 1967 Dealership sign ( would have been hanging inside the parts dept ) for Chrysler Outboards.. Everything is for sale for the right price LOL

I'm honestly surprised I haven't had any interest in the boat.
Anyone interested in trading for the boat? I did have a car in mind but would be open to offers.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't had any interest in the boat.
Anyone interested in trading for the boat? I did have a car in mind but would be open to offers.

I'm surprised it hasn't been snagged by now. That's one beautiful Chrysler boat. I'd make an offer, but it would be insulting to you and I don't want to diss you like that.

I'd put it where my parent's keep their 5th wheel trailer that they use as their summer getaway on the St Lawrence River. My dad, who spent his early years in the Canadian navy, would have a blast with that thing.

Here's a couple pics from their trailer on the St Lawrence.

Wylde1.

Attachments

• ship 1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 3,693
  • ship 2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3,769
I'm interested but I have no $$ and no lake... That boat is really cool!

I'll trade you my 68 GTX project for it.

bump... No Interest?

It snowed here yesterday, a little early for boats around here,
the Canal system on the local rivers is not open till May 1st. :)

http://www.canals.ny.gov/

The TENATIVE hours of operation for
the 2011 Navigation Season are as follows:
May 1 to May 26 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
May 27 to September 8 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
September 9 to November 15 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Dates of operation and hours are dependent upon weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back