1974 cuda (((thoughts)))

-
$14,000 is a lot without even seeing the interior......that alone could cost a small fortune.

:burnout:

Engine doesn't look like it was rebuilt 2,000 miles ago and then stored in a garage. I'm not a fan of ebodies so I wouldn't buy it but I know nothing about them so my opinion doesn't mean much.

Engine doesn't look like it was rebuilt 2,000 miles ago and then stored in a garage. I'm not a fan of ebodies so I wouldn't buy it but I know nothing about them so my opinion doesn't mean much.

MY THOUGHT EXACTLY - plus i looked at the satellite photos and you can see the car these aren't always up to date so im thinking with that rust damage its been sitting out there for quite a while :blob:

Well if it has front fiberglass fenders easy fix. If quarters are fiberglass not so easy. If all that is fiberglass not so good deal. If it were a solid E-b0dy not a bad deal.

Well if it has front fiberglass fenders easy fix. If quarters are fiberglass not so easy. If all that is fiberglass not so good deal. If it were a solid E-b0dy not a bad deal.

JUST THE FRONT fenders are fiber glass ... rear quarters are just rusty looking looks bad to me.

I wonder why these people dont take the time to clean up what they are trying to sell, and take better pix.

Even in restored condition, unless they are original 340/360 'Cudas, the '72-'74's aren't fetching that price.

Leave it alone.

It is on the expensive side so I'd guess he is waiting for the right fish for the bait he has. The rear circle tail light Cuda's sell for a fair amount less than the square tail light brothers do. For no other reason than the year they are. Post '72 gets the bad emission's year Lo-Po crap.

It'll still sell for more than the car is worth.
Offer 7K

A PA Car ? Rust is the worst thing in my book.There are other cars out there in better shape for less money.

Unless it's a factory 360 Cuda, and the numbers matching motor/trans are still around....it ain't worth it. 74 model 360 Cudas are scarce, as they only made about 330 automatics, and about the same with 4 speeds. I have a triple black automatic 360 Cuda that's about 4th in line for resto. For the 5 years they made E bodies, the 74 360 Cudas were some of the lowest production numbers of the performance models.....like em or not, lol.

Can't tell much by the pics.
If your a serious potential buyer go look in person.

I always take pictures then go home and study them,
its amazing what you miss and the pics pick up.

Can't tell much by the pics.
If your a serious potential buyer go look in person.

I always take pictures then go home and study them,
its amazing what you miss and the pics pick up.

Exactly. It is a real Cuda. The glass fenders won't rust, but the body looks tired and obviously not original paint. It looks more to me like the clear is coming off that paintjob. Not that it matters anyway. It is worth seeing if it's a real Cuda and an original 4spd. If it's mostly solid (like needs quarters and steel fenders, with no other rust) it's worth more than what's being asked. If it needs the usual steel stuff (quarters, trunk extensions, wheelhouses, trunk filler, fenders, inner fenders, cowl, firewall, floors...) then it's not worth 1/4 of what he's asking. You have to go look at it to know, and look carefully. Look up under the dash at the backside of the firewall for instance - you'll see if the cowl's rotted. Look at the hing areas, and window surrounds. etc etc etc.

ANOTHER over-priced e-body...

And as long as there's people purchasing them at there bloated prices, they will remain that way. I see no shortage of people with lots of cash. Brain power/size???? That's another story.

you think that's bad look at this 1 on the way to Harrisburg has to of been sitting there for at least 25 years if not 30.

Attachments

• DSCN1119.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN1120.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN1122.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN1121.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 113
Engine doesn't look like it was rebuilt 2,000 miles ago and then stored in a garage.

I agree, that motor does not look like it was rebuilt 2 k ago. Looks like it has dried oil buildup on it

WELL TO HIS defense he did state that is was rebuilt 2k miles ago but he parked it for about 2-3 years... "inside a garage" im thinking more like outside the garage

you think that's bad look at this 1 on the way to Harrisburg has to of been sitting there for at least 25 years if not 30.

I like it. It's what I'd call a "known quantity"...lol. Plus all of the parts can be bought - so if it was running driving it's only years and $12K in sheetmetal away from perfect! :D

-
Back