[FOR SALE] 1974 Duster alligator top factory 6 cylinder (Project car!)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
1974 Plymouth Duster original 6 cylinder Alligator top project car for sale. Factory manual brake car. I hate to sell the car but I recently some very unexpected back issues(fractured back), so this project is above my head right now. As you can tell the body is in needs of a lot of rust work, the passenger side fender needs replaced. I have a mint condition fender that would come with the car. The car was going to be used as a drag/street car as a sleeper until the funds provided to do body work and paint. The drivers side floor board also has a rust hole in it and the passengers side is starting to. Has been converted to manual steering to. Every single piece of the suspension has been replaced up front. New drums, ball joints, A-arms, tie rods, idler/pitman arm, all new brake lines, hoses, wheel cylinders, master cylinder. All that and K-frame has been painted with a heavy duty high gloss paint. Out back is a 68 B-body 8 ¾ with brand new drums, backing plates, lines, wheel cylinders and shoes. It has a sure grip 489 center section with 4.56 gears. Has new 15x10 rallye style wheels out back with mickey thompson ET street radial tires(275/60/15). Has brand new 185/65/14 tires up front. Small bolt pattern wheels up front and large bolt pattern for the 8 ¾. Now for the fun part! Two of the torque converter teeth got chewed up by the starter so the transmission(904) of the car. It was a 3500 turbo action converter. The car has Schumacher mounts for the current 360 that is in there. Specs are as follows… 360 magnum block, 13.1 compression, Ran on E85, ported RHS indy heads, Air gap intake, 750cfm holley double pumper carb E85 converted carb, factory roller rockers/lifters but has a 0.540” lift cam and duration at 0.050 is 232. This motor has only been ran a few times because of the converter issue, it had 65psi oil pressure and sounded MEAN. Headers are brand new. This same motor with 9.5 compression pistons and no porting and 85 octane ran 13.7s@98mph @ 8500 DA. Well, that’s all that I can think of right now, Im sure I am forgetting a thing or two but will repost if there is anything. I can either sell the just the body without motor or sell it with the motor and all. Have title for it. Asking $4000 with motor and $2000 without motor. Hope to get this ugly guy to a good home :) Im in Fort Collins, Colorado. Thanks!

I think you gotta put a price or people are going to complain.

I used KB probe forged domed pistons, they were even 50grams lighter(each) then the dished forged probe pistons I had in the motor originally

Do you recall the height of the dome above the flat part of the piston?
Somebody out there really needs this car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back