1974 Duster - Before Picture

-

scuba0331

Reaction score
Here is my 1974 Duster in its current state! I'm looking to get going in the next few months. I will be using all of the great advice I have gotten on the engine and front end.

I will keep this updated as I go. It will probably be a few months before I get going but I can't wait!

duster.jpg

I had 2 of thoes when I first started out:happy10: Not much to look at then but now ,a 440 Duster is a killer at the track.Good luck and let the mopar gods be with you.:cheers:

Well it the restoration is going to start in about 18 hours! Tomorrow (Saturday September 24,2008) my Mopar Buddies and I are going to pull the motor and tranny!

Also, the Body guy is stopping out to check out the car while we begin the inital tear down.

Here is what I have for the car so far:

1. 360 - .040 flat top pistons, balanced rotating assembly, comp 480 Hyd. Cam, Ported Big valve Steel Heads, Melling HV Pump, Gasket Matched Eddy Air Gap, and Eddy 600 cfm. carb.

2. Passon Performance 4 Speed

3. 8 3/4 Rear End out of a 1965 B-Body. It is a 3:23 Suregrip. (Though I may change to a 3:55 down the road).

4. Polished Ceramic Coated TTI Headers (Who doesn't like a little Bling!!)

5. And a few other odds and ends.

I hope the Mopar Gods are with me during this process! :toothy10:

I post some pictures soon! I'm so pumped up and I can't stand it! It's like Christmas!

I'm doing my 75 now .. total custom I have befor and now pic. will be ready for paint in about 3 weeks..... but I can't post pix for some reson?

Update: Car on the Rotisserie and sent to the media blaster today. By the end of next week it should be in the body shop.

SDC11587 stretch.jpg

SDC11588 stretch.jpg

SDC11589 stretch.jpg

Here she is on the back of the Roll Back making here way to the Media Blaster!

(Yes I did just figure out how to reduce the mb's on pictures so watch out!)

SDC1159230%.jpg

Love the heater in the garage!! I have a torpedo type. Nice start on the car. By the way maybe you need to take it easy on our junior members. They might not be as thread savy as you.

On my way this morning to pick the car from the blaster and move it over to the Body shop! I can't wait. Finally moving forward. I will post pictures when I get back.

Metal work is nearly completed except for the trunk extensions. I got a call yesterday stating the trunk extensions were questionable. Not part of the original quote but the Body Shop said they would install if I purchased the parts.

I thought that was pretty cool. Now all of the metal is solid and I shouldn't have any issues!

Items they completed:

Windshield Channel - Front and Rear
Lower Quarters - Front of Quarter and Rear of Quarter
Floor Patch where the rear seat belts connects
Installed Sub Frame Connectors
Fixed Drain Holes in the Sub-Frame -
Fixed Dent in Bottom of Front Sub-Frame
Welded up Holes in the Engine Compartment for Charcoal Canister

Supposedly, I should have the car back by the end of November painted and ready to be put back together!!

End of November, End of December, First Week of January no car!

Pics,

IMG_5464 (Small).JPG

IMG_5465 (Small).JPG

IMG_5469 (Small).JPG

IMG_5470 (Small).JPG

IMG_5471 (Small).JPG

IMG_5472 (Small).JPG

IMG_5474 (Small).JPG

IMG_5476 (Small).JPG

IMG_5477 (Small).JPG

Coming along really good. What do you have sprayed in the trunk?
C

Thank you! I can't take credit for the body work but I am very happy with how it's turned out.

The bottom of the car as well as the wheel wells are covered in Truck Bed Liner!

The stripe has been painted on and is now ready for a couple more coats of clear, final wet sand and buff!

Custom Creations 011 (Small).jpg

Custom Creations 013 (Small).jpg

Custom Creations 014 (Small).jpg

-
Back