1974 Duster slant car---- big bolt pattern wheels, discs up front??

-
Yes sir. The engine wasn't the deciding factor. The brakes were. From 73 on up, if something got drums all around, it kept the small bolt pattern all the way to 1976. Disc brakes in front and it got the large bolt pattern.

Disc Brakes on an A-body mandated BBP on that car starting in 1973. I have a '74 Duster with 198/auto with front manual discs and it is Big Bolt Pattern.
Nice find!

I have one.
74' 225 Auto w/ P/S P/B Ft Disk, BBP wheels.

1duster.JPG

Disc Brakes on an A-body mandated BBP on that car starting in 1973. I have a '74 Duster with 198/auto with front manual discs and it is Big Bolt Pattern.
Nice find!
Cool car!

Yes sir. The engine wasn't the deciding factor. The brakes were. From 73 on up, if something got drums all around, it kept the small bolt pattern all the way to 1976. Disc brakes in front and it got the large bolt pattern.

That is what I thought. Thanks

Yep, my ‘74 Duster was a /6 with BBP disk brakes. Very few other options.

73+ drums were still standard with a /6, and if the car had 4 wheel drums it was also SBP. But if it got the disk brake option it was BBP. 73+ all v8’s got disk brakes standard. And there were several other option packages that would trigger disk brakes on the /6 cars as well, although they could be added as an option by themselves.

I ask because I found a 74 Duster project, and it is missing rear wheels. Itwas a fater son/projectthat never got started. Not sure if dad knows a drum from a disc! Once past the Turkey Day crazies, we will make the 6 hour trip there one way if not sold. I have had 6-7 Dusters/Dart Sports over the years and miss my last one. First rasonably priced complete project Duster project I have seen an quite a while, and that is not 2 state away. Beaks don't bother me! It even has a title!
6 hours is just down the road a ways in Texas.

I ask because I found a 74 Duster project, and it is missing rear wheels. Itwas a fater son/projectthat never got started. Not sure if dad knows a drum from a disc! Once past the Turkey Day crazies, we will make the 6 hour trip there one way if not sold. I have had 6-7 Dusters/Dart Sports over the years and miss my last one. First rasonably priced complete project Duster project I have seen an quite a while, and that is not 2 state away. Beaks don't bother me! It even has a title!
6 hours is just down the road a ways in Texas.

Yeah if it has disks up front it could have been that way from the factory, in which case it would have been BBP all around and likely had a BBP 7.25 rear. That’s how mine was.

Obviously the disk brakes could have been added later, you could check the fender tag if it has one as it will show the disk brake option. If it originally had drums up front it would have been SBP with a SBP 7.25 rear.

-
Back