1974 Torsion bar into a 1975 Duster?

-

75PlymouthD

Reaction score
Would there be a big difference (or dangerous difference) putting just the "newer" 1974 Torsion bar from a Dodge Dart onto my 1975 Plymouth Duster? (I could get the right side if REALLY needed, but just don't have the extra cash yet.) It's for the driver's side, which broke completely in half (just my luck, right?)

Put both of them in as a pair.
Plenty of threads on how to R&R without damage.
Used stock torsion bars should only run you around $40.00 for a set.

You could. I don't advise it. The older bar will have a different rate than a "new" one. Just like putting on only one shock or one spring. The spring,
say a leaf style would sit different.
If you are saying. Using a new used one. Make sure it's from the drivers side.
I have seen guy's put one in from the other side and then snap that one.
Just because in was use to bending the other way.
Some will say different on that one.

You could. I don't advise it. The older bar will have a different rate than a "new" one. Just like putting on only one shock or one spring. The spring,
say a leaf style would sit different.
If you are saying. Using a new used one. Make sure it's from the drivers side.
I have seen guy's put one in from the other side and then snap that one.
Just because in was use to bending the other way.
Some will say different on that one.

Yeah, it was from the drivers side. And had the label L on it for left, so I made sure to check. I know I SHOULD do the other side, but I just want to be able to at least get it driving again so I can go get the other one. And the guy wanted 100 for both (I have the one, but he said he would hold the other for me). Is that even a fair price?

I sold a stock set here for like $40.00, put an want ad in the parts wanted section here. Somebody will hook you up for a lot less than $100.00

I sold a stock set here for like $40.00, put an want ad in the parts wanted section here. Somebody will hook you up for a lot less than $100.00

I would just need the right one then. I can't barter my way out of a box. Haha. I just needed the left one ASAP because it is my commuter.

-
Back