1974swinger-mopar newbie

-

clr_74dartswing

Reaction score
hi everyone, new to the forum and to mopars. My girl found a 1974 dodge dart that she wants to redo. It is a swinger with no engine but fair body. She doesn't necessarily want a complete to factory original restore....i have heard alot of people discussing a magnum swap is this the way to go for daily driver or should i go old school? like i said i really don't know mopar yet so any suggestions for newbie will be greatly appreciated thanks

thanks for the welcome ooo000ooo wow there is soooo much debate over engine choices i dont know who to listen to LOL. I am thinking for daily driver maybe 318 short block with magnum heads 4 barrel carb and headers mild cam??? keep it simple but a little better than stock

thanks for the welcome ooo000ooo wow there is soooo much debate over engine choices i dont know who to listen to LOL. I am thinking for daily driver maybe 318 short block with magnum heads 4 barrel carb and headers mild cam??? keep it simple but a little better than stock

I'm running a 318 with a mild cam, edelbrock 600 carb & performer intake, out to headers. It does just fine as my daily driver... and I'm driving through downtown Chicago every morning and evening. It's a rock solid combo with enough power to lay some black lines through intersections.

sweet thats just what im looking for! I have a short commute to work but i know I'm gonna want to drive it everywhere when i get it finished. We are gonna go orange with black interior and the swinger stripe. It's in rough shape now. But its only 500 bucks. Why do all the roof lines rust so bad(ive seen it on several dart swingers?) Its a long project, but thats what it's all about right? the satisfaction of doing it yourself not just buying off the lot.

000_0103-small.jpg

Welcome to FABO! Nice car. Good luck on the build. The sky's the limit as far as motors go. How you are going to be driving it and haow much power you want may narrow it down a little. Cant beat a small block for a cruser. Magnum, LA, or the new Hemi. Or you could go big block for curb apeal and lots of power. Any way you go it will bea fun car.

Hello and welcome! Cool car you got there. I would stick with an LA small block 360. Those can be built for plenty of power and be a nice driver. Whichever you choose, good luck and have fun with it. :)

Welcome aboard clr! It's great to have you and your Swinger along for the ride. Make yourself at home, and don't be shy with the questions and car ****. :-D

-
Back