1975 & 1976 360-Powered Models !

-
Well I don't believe Hybrids are all they pro port to be. I had the REAL one, the original Insight. Purpose built for ultra efficiency. I repeatedly got an honest 68mpg on a backroad commute (stop and go), yet the lifetime mileage on that car was 45mpg. The reason is that they only regenerate on braking. It's quite backwards from conventional driving.
I don't doubt for a minute that the "light" cars broke into the 30's with a manual. It's pretty much accepted as common knowledge. 40 is kind of tough to swallow, though.

Well I don't believe Hybrids are all they pro port to be. I had the REAL one, the original Insight. Purpose built for ultra efficiency. I repeatedly got an honest 68mpg on a backroad commute (stop and go), yet the lifetime mileage on that car was 45mpg. The reason is that they only regenerate on braking. It's quite backwards from conventional driving.
I don't doubt for a minute that the "light" cars broke into the 30's with a manual. It's pretty much accepted as common knowledge. 40 is kind of tough to swallow, though.

be careful or you'll be a strage little man :munky2:

Never had a 75/76 360 A Body but have acquired not 1 but 2 factory rear sway bars from 76 A38 cop cars.

nice things ! i have a verry rare 360 e58 Plymouth duster with more than 15 options , i own the car since 3 years . and i love the fact that its that rare , here in canada , a professionnal told me that they made only 14, 360 duster for canada that year , and mine as a 360 and a sunroof option too , so thats why im so pround of my car !

002.jpg

JAC2007152.jpg

041.jpg

uyyy.jpg

uuuyyyyyttt4.jpg

ScampRats030.jpg

JAC2007160.jpg

020.jpg

Boca Raton style interior : never had the original seats
DSC02142.jpg

anyway , as i know the car is verry rare , tell me what do you thin about it , im gonna restore it to a 90 % orignial look ...its was spinnaker white and ad ben repaint in the 80s , only once ... so now its on primer and its gonna return to is original color this summer .

and i have a special order of : DELETED CATALYC CONVERTERS ,writen on the end of the broadcastsheet , rare thing in 1976 .

Back in the eary 90s I parted a 76 Dart Lite that had been stuffed hard in the nose. It had the alum. hood bracing, but not the decklid. Was an 833OD. About a year later, parted a 76 Duster, hit hard just behind driver door, that had the hood but not the deck. It was column auto, discs, 8.25 2.94 SG. Never actually checked tags on either car.

Around 98 parted a very rusty one owner 76 Swinger, 318, IRON case 833 OD (still got it!), A/C, woodgrain dash, wheel opening mouldings, rocker mouldings, light group, disc brakes, front sway bar, tail finish panel, 8.25 2.94 SG, P/S, PB, and it was RADIO DELETE! Guess you could order anything back then!

Still got my dad's 76 Dart SE 4 door. It's a 225, auto, discs, front sway bar, AM/FM, A/C, heated rear window, light package, woodgrain dash, all the mouldings, and it's an 8.25 2.94 SG! Wonder if ma Mopar had a bunch of 2.94 sure-grips they wanted to use up??

Both my rusty cop cars have a sticker on the drivers door "non catalyst".

ValerianMagnum - Thanks much for sharing your super rare 1976 Duster E58 !!
You non-California guys were so incredibly lucky , with your 360 motors and no catalytic converters !!

A38 - Thanks for sharing that doorjam sticker ! I certainly hope that you can restore your rarities someday ...

Keep those stories and info coming , everyone !

I have a '75 Duster 360. It is a great car. Factory red with black interior, tuff wheel, PS and manual brakes. I did add the early a/b body dual hood scoops and go wing. It is 100% origional save for a second paint job. Hard to track down actual production numbers and decode the vin tag. It is way easier to drive than my 'cuda.

I was not aware that '76 dusters were available with a 360. I thought that was a '74/'75 option only.

Was a 4bbl offered in '76 or just in 2bbl form? From what I could find my s-code duster was one of about 1,400 made in '75. Several sites I have looked at said that it was the last year of the factory 4bbl's.

Cool deal !
Just to clarify : you got those sway bars from 1976 Valiant model A38's ?

The ol' memory is not the greatest - couldn't say for sure if the sway bars were from a Valiant or Dart - just know they were off cop cars. Here's a picture of each one. Gonna use one on my 65 Dart 'vert and the other on my 65 Dart wagon.

Attachments

• sway bars 002.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 149
  • sway bars 004.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 150
my mechanic said that my 4 bbl was on option i dont know if its true , the only thing i know is that my car had a 4bbl carburator back in the days !

Was a 4bbl offered in '76 or just in 2bbl form? From what I could find my s-code duster was one of about 1,400 made in '75. Several sites I have looked at said that it was the last year of the factory 4bbl's.
Definitely available in 76, at least on 4 door Valiants! LOL

yes if you go see my pictures on the threand , i have 2 broadcast sheets , and the fender tag and all my numbers are matching , and all the factory numbers are graved in my engine bay and in the trunk .. its a full document car, even talked to the original owner back in the day .

-
Back