1975 Charger Drivetrain Into A 1973 Duster?

-

74DartSwinger360

The Brat Pack
Reaction score
The 75 Charger has a 400 2bbl with a 727 with a 9 1/4 rearend. Will at least the rear end bolt right in or iis it to wide? Would I only have to change the K frame to stuff the big block in? What else would need to be done to put the drivetrain in?
Thanks Emilio

The rear won't bolt in because the spring pad perch won't be in the exact right location, aside from the housing also being a different width that can be ok with off set wheels, or see your local shop that handles modifying housings and let them make it right for you.

The motor and trans i don't use motor mounts so that will bolt in if you use what we call elephant ears, that also alleviates a few other problems and depending on what you want can make for better set up of angles, centering and weight location.

Whew, thats a tall order you're facing!! First off, the 9 1/4 from a 71 and later B body is the widest unit you can find except maybe the C body units, way too wide to fit under your car, even with offset rims. Narrowing it will cost much more than finding an 8 1/4 A body unit and rebuilding it with a SG unit and all. I'd try to go the 8 1/4 route if you can!!

The motor would bolt in with some Schumacher mounts but the trans may hit the tunnel, being a bigblock and all, but nothing you couldn't overcome!!

JMO, but I would consider a nice potent smallblock coupled with an 8 1/4" SG rear, it would certainly make life easier and be lighter in weight than the B/RB motor!! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!! Geof

Thanks Guys but I will most Likely stay with the 360 in it now. I was just askin cause I could pick up a 1975 charger with the drivtrain noted for 200 bucks.

-
Back