Reaction score
Help With The Decode Please. -BD

E44 318 2B
D34 727
LL29 Lower Class 2 Door Dart Sport
G5G 318/1975/St. Louis
100823 Build Number
KB5 ??
D2B6 (I know this is interior, but can't find the breakdown of the code)
000 Full Door Panels (??)
828 August 28th 1974
124400 Order Number
V4W Half Vinyl Top White
A65 Dart GT Package (Is this possible for 76?)
A88 Duster 340 Interior Decour Grp or just interior decour group
A91 Western Sport Special (Did they build these after 70?)
B41 Power Disc Brakes/10in Rear Drums
C73 Rear Foldown Seat
F18 65 Amp Alternator
G52 LH Remote Mirror ?
J25 3spd Wipers
L31 Hd/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
L73 Seat UnFasten Light
M21 Drip Rail Mouldings
M26 Wheel Well Mouldings
M38 Deck Lid Fin Pan (What Is This)
M52 Manual Sunroof Vinyl Top
N37 Emissions System
R11 Music Master AM Radio (Didn't Pay Attention To What Was In The Car)
K5W ??
K6X ??
A1 ??
END

Here are some pics. -BD
DSC00612.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

kb5? this is the color, but i see no kb5?

D2B6 med blue split bench

a65 is the dart sprot topper package w/ fuel saver system, up and over the top stripe, vinal seats, canopy vinal roof,delux wheel covers w/whitewall tires, ect...

a91 is deluxe insulation package, hood pad, sound deadner, under coating, ect....

g52 driver side chrome remote mirror

m38 is the decrative trunk filler panel. (the rear aluminum piece across the trunk)

k5w over the top stripe color is white

k6x black body side moulding type 2

a1 this is steak sauce!
lol sorry i had to do it....i belive this is the accent color for the door panels light gun metal grey. does this sound right? aside from this the car looks pretty correct from the tag except for the scoops. welcome aboard!

Early build date for 1975, could be a dealer showroom car with the options it has on it...
k5w is likely v5w and
k6x is likely v6x
a88 interior decor group
a1? could it be a Y code?

kb5? this is the color, but i see no kb5?

D2B6 med blue split bench

a65 is the dart sprot topper package w/ fuel saver system, up and over the top stripe, vinal seats, canopy vinal roof,delux wheel covers w/whitewall tires, ect...

a91 is deluxe insulation package, hood pad, sound deadner, under coating, ect....

g52 driver side chrome remote mirror

m38 is the decrative trunk filler panel. (the rear aluminum piece across the trunk)

k5w over the top stripe color is white

k6x black body side moulding type 2

a1 this is steak sauce!
lol sorry i had to do it....i belive this is the accent color for the door panels light gun metal grey. does this sound right? aside from this the car looks pretty correct from the tag except for the scoops. welcome aboard!

Fuel saver system? What equipment does this place on the car?

Up and over the top stripe, anyone have a pic?

What's the difference between a canopy vinyl roof and the half vinyl roof already indicated on the tag?

Anyone have a pic of deluxe wheel covers?

Hood pad is gone or hood is not original.

What are the etc's of the a65 and a91 packages?

M38 is supposed to decorative I think it looks like s:stop:t.

Does anyone have a pic of the k6x body moulding?

I will take a pic of the interior and post them, not sure if the gun metal gray accent panel is there.

The hood originally had hood scoops, is this possible for this car or has someone replaced the original hood with an earlier model?

This car has an 8.25 rear factory front sway bar and the leaf spring pack has 6 on each side. The guy I bought it from said his other A-bodies only have 4-5 per side.

So what is the value of this car, I really would like to make some changes to make it closer resemble my first car a 74 Dart Sport. This would mean doing away with the panel on the trunk. Putting a 73-74 Ralley stripe on the car, putting a half black vinyl roof as opposed to the white one it had. I also want remove an unnecessary emissions control components. In the state of Washington nothing over 25 years of age has to take an emissions test. Also the two barrel is long gone and has a Performer Intake and Carb. Also my 74 had the high back split bench with center armrest, which I'd like to put in the car. So to restore or to resto-mod?

Also the cables in the sunroof are shot, replacements?

Here is the fender tag
DSC00600MA.jpg

Here is me in my 74 Dart in Oct. 1996.
File0027.jpg

Sorry for all the questions/commentary but back when I had my 74 I knew nothing about cars mechanically and so I didn't even know what a fender tag was. Also had I known what was gonna happen to the market in the next 10 years I wouldn't have let my dad use it as a training prop and cut it apart with the jaws of life. -BD

that picture you posted shows what the top and stripe
(almost) would be like for you car. fuel saver package is a vacume gauge that is connected to the fender mounted turn signals. when you are into it hard the fender mounted sinnals would light up telling you to back off of it. therefore if the lights don't come on you are getting good mileage. canopy top is the same as have vinal. different name for the same thing. a65 ect's well kinda more of the same. extra insulation for sound deading and interior decore stuff. this is including the canopy top as well. a91 ect's again more of the same again. sound deadner applied to the inside of the doors, extra insulation in the roof and sail panels, some sound deadner applied in the trunk as well. the k6x body moulding is still on your car. it is the side moulding that runs the length of the car with the black rubber strip in it. those scoops were added as the dart sport never came with the twin single scoops. also 1974 was the last year for any kind of a scoop for the dart sport. your hood is probably the original but with the added scoops. kb5 lucerne blue metallic. here is a link to show you the correct stripe for you car as it sits now:http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/p-d/ct607.htm

here is a link showing you the stripe that was the optional stripe that your car did not come with:http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/p-d/ct606.htm

you can see that the second stripe has a stripe for the side that is spear shaped. you have the body side moulding this is why you have the over the top stripe pictured in the first link.

This car has an 8.25 rear factory front sway bar and the leaf spring pack has 6 on each side. The guy I bought it from said his other A-bodies only have 4-5 per side. in 74 the 6 leaf sets were reserved for the 360 cars. this may have changed in 75 as or was an option that was checked off as part of a suspension package? sunroof cable are hard to get , but there is a guy on here that can help you. "my 340" i believe is his name on here. try to p/m him. i say resto mod as it is not a 360 sport....goodluck

Looks like a nice clean project car you have there. I think a resto mod job on the car would be great unless you're the type that wants it looking 100% show room original.

I sent you a PM about your questions and good luck!

A1 could also be an interior light package possibly

-
Back