1975 Scamp Engine Bay Restoration

-

1975Scamp

Reaction score
My son and I started the engine bay restoration on our 1975 Scamp. We decided since we were going to remove the 318 for the new paint, we are also going to do a swap for a 360. Here is where we at in the project. We are going to have it back on the road for the spring!

Attachments

• Day 2-4 (Small).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 805
  • Day 3 (Small).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 738
  • Day 4-5 (Small).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 790
  • SAM_1660 (Small).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 711
  • SAM_1661 (Small).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 678
  • SAM_1670 (Small).JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 695
  • SAM_1673 (Small).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 710
  • SAM_1687 (Small).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 851
This is what we are thinking of paint. BTW, the "white" is actually silver. It will have Mopar orange stripe on each side of the black stripe.The engine bay will be silver as well! What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0046 (Small).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 770
The current color is factory color. No, it will not be repainted in a factory color. it will be a Mopar silver of some sort. We have not picked color yet!

Welcome to the site. Looks like a great father son project.

Thanks Johnny! We are enjoying the challenge together! My son is working and going into the auto collision repair. Perfect project!

Thanks Johnny! We are enjoying the challenge together! My son is working and going into the auto collision repair. Perfect project!

So......Which one is the son ? :D

Just razzing,good luck with the project.

Is that just paint an the valve covers, if so what kind? Heat resistant? Love that look, want to do that to the gtx in my avatar. Thanks

Yes, my son and I painted the valve covers, it is all with heat resistant paint. We thought they turned out awesome! That green is going to pop under the hood. They are going on 360 which will be painted Mopar Orange!

Yes, my son and I painted the valve covers, it is all with heat resistant paint. We thought they turned out awesome! That green is going to pop under the hood. They are going on 360 which will be painted Mopar Orange!

What was the green painted with? I did my fan but it's not heat resistant.

Attachments

• fan1.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 640
ah, ok thank you very much, it looked more sublime-ish green on the black valve cover. I'm trying to accent underhood with close to the same color as the exterior.

The cap really did not match the paint color. The color is called "Hot Rod Green" I think it is real close to Sublime Green!

Here is an update, I have everything all cleaned up and repainted, from Starter to wiper motor. I even cleaned all the terminals on engine bay wiring harness and re-wraped the whole thing. It will look brand new when it goes back together!

Just waiting to finish the sand and prep under hood before it goes to the painter. I am also waiting for the block to be finished at the machine shop! Can not wait to start the resurrection! More pictures will be posted soon!

Cool build good work so far and welcome to FABO!
Just a heads up if you dont already know the oil pan on your 360 is for trucks..you will need to get a 360 specific passenger car oil pan and no the one on your 318 wont work the 360 is "special" haha :D

Thanks MoparDemon! Yes, your correct, the motor was from a truck. I have a new oil pan and pickup tube as well. I can not wait to release the 360!

This is what we are thinking of paint. BTW, the "white" is actually silver. It will have Mopar orange stripe on each side of the black stripe.The engine bay will be silver as well! What do you think?

I guess I'll know who you are if I see that car around, it oughta stand out.

We are looking for something that will pop! The color scheme idea came from the body shop that will be painting it for us! The exterior painting will be in a year or two! I've got to save some $ for that! The engine bay and motor rebuild has swiped me clean for a while. Good news... still on budget for spring!

We have been busy attending to a few rust areas and filling holes we will not need for mounting. Hoping to go to the sand blaster this weekend for the K-member, steering components and suspension parts. Hopefully, be ready for prime and paint next week!

Attachments

• SAM_1710 (Small).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 519
  • SAM_1711 (Small).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 523
  • SAM_1712 (Small).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 506
  • SAM_1713 (Small).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 478
  • SAM_1715 (Small).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 503
We are all loaded on the trailer, trailer packed into garage. We were going to leave today (Saturday) to take to get sandblasted. Then, we got 6" of snow yesterday, no problem roads all cleared and dry, but now, temps going to 40 degrees today with melt off. Roads will become wet this afternoon, no way to get car back without recontaminating my freshly sandblasted areas to prep for paint. Another week behind schedule! :banghead:

Attachments

• SAM_1719 (Small).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 477
  • SAM_1721 (Small).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 468
-
Back