1976 Dart pic

-
Congrats and welcome. I love to see the '76's, the final year of a line of great cars, enjoy it with pride.

I want to post more pics and add info but I keep running into dead ends.Can someone help me?

I like the wheels on that car. What are they?

I'm trying to download more pics to this thread but can't find the manage attachments button on the quick reply window.I believe the wheels are off a Ford Ranger.

Thanks everybody!In a nutshell I plan to build a nice,clean cruiser out of it.I plan on keeping the six/904 combo.The engine is already warmed over with a 4BBL/header combo and acts like it might be cammed a little.I live in the desert where the drives can be very long in between towns so I'm going to shoot for practicality,simplicity,and mileage.My first project is to convince third gear it is not neutral so I plan on a rebuild or replacement next week.I'll keep posting as I go along and I'm sure I'll have a million questions.I have been reading the tech and archives so I'm a little more knowledgeable today than I was yesterday.My last Mopar was in 1985.Any advice or "Watch out fors" are greatly appreciated.
I'll try to post more pics but the "Manage attachments"window goes blank when I try to download.

Thanks everybody!In a nutshell I plan to build a nice,clean cruiser out of it.I plan on keeping the six/904 combo.The engine is already warmed over with a 4BBL/header combo and acts like it might be cammed a little.I live in the desert where the drives can be very long in between towns so I'm going to shoot for practicality,simplicity,and mileage.My first project is to convince third gear it is not neutral so I plan on a rebuild or replacement next week.I'll keep posting as I go along and I'm sure I'll have a million questions.I have been reading the tech and archives so I'm a little more knowledgeable today than I was yesterday.My last Mopar was in 1985.Any advice or "Watch out fors" are greatly appreciated.
I'll try to post more pics but the "Manage attachments"window goes blank when I try to download.

That is a good solid plan.

Well it's official,Trans must be rebuilt.I plan on pulling it myself this weekend.Seeing as how its been about 20 years since my last tranny pull ,does anyone have any tips or tricks,advice to maybe help make the job easier?
Dave

Well it's official,Trans must be rebuilt.I plan on pulling it myself this weekend.Seeing as how its been about 20 years since my last tranny pull ,does anyone have any tips or tricks,advice to maybe help make the job easier?
Dave

Sorry you have to pull your trans. Do a search on the trans in the trans forums

them mid 90's dadge ram rims need to go!!!!!!!!!!!. other than that, great starting point

:DTranny is pulled!!!! Now off to the rebuilder.All the shifting linkage bushings were shot.Guess I'll try to find some online somewhere.Have a good weekend everybody.

:banghead:Still waiting for the trans to get done.I really,really want to drive my car someday.:banghead:

-
Back