1978 aspen for parts

-

timbizz

Reaction score
I have a 1969 dart /6 and I am in the process of buying a 1978 aspen with a super six . I would like to use the motor and tranny rear end and front disc brakes. I dont have the aspen yet to compare parts. I would like to know if anybody has any info on what part fit.

Not the rear,it's as wide as a B body unless your using newer 17-up wheels with lots of backspacing. The discs,yes but not the upper arms or prop valve . I would keep the wheels and list what else your not going to use on the fmj body site. How is the grille?

The list to keep is engine,trans,linkage,radiator,wheels,front brakes and PS stuff unless going to manual.

Not the rear,it's as wide as a B body unless your using newer 17-up wheels with lots of backspacing. The discs,yes but not the upper arms. I would keep the wheels and list what else your not going to use on the fmj body site. How is the grille?
Thanks for the Quick reply im trying to get set up for the car I only have one day to strip it before the scrap yard. [the grill is broken from what I can see in the picture]

Is it a 2 or 4dr? I'd save the wiring,seat belts,dash stuff,tail lights,grille and bezels and exterior trim before scrapping it. The rear brakes are likely 10" and they are LBP style. I would post the car on fmjbodies before taking it a part and see what you can sell to recoup some cash.

I have a Charger with an 8 1/4 rear which is a smidge short of 60 inches wide. I find it extremely hard to believe that an F body rear is that wide. I've had a number of Aspens and volares as well and I'm sure they are not 58 or 59 " wide.

My buddy bolted a B body 8 3/4 right into his. I'm not sure which year rear it was.

My buddy bolted a B body 8 3/4 right into his. I'm not sure which year rear it was.
thanks guys for all the info, I plan to take off as many parts of value as i can that I can sell or use for my dart.

Disc brakes will work with a different set of Upper Control Arms or sleeves Dr Diff makes.

Disc brakes will work with a different set of Upper Control Arms or sleeves Dr Diff makes.
I would realy like to use the disc brakes from the aspen. I have QA1 upper control arms (for drum brakes) so I have some research to do maybe just a different ball joint from QA1 will work.

I'd be interested in the intake/exhaust manifolds if you're not going to use them.

-
Back