1978 Lil Red Express

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the 3rd brake light and Ramcharger rear bumper.
Looks like somebody put a 78 front clip on a 83.
Wheels are factory 81 and up.
Post vin please.

truck looks like a possible LRE.

thats a cargo light you see there and the bumper looks correct to me for a LRE.

buckets were an option and the int could have come in red or black.

the stock slot wheels rusted and peeled so many people replaced them over the years..

here are pics of my original lower mileage LRE . same bumper and cargo light. and wrong wheels..:)

132202387.jpg

132202378.jpg

Any comments, I made on charger777 truck I with-draw.
It is a little red, and a nice one to restore.
Good luck with the sale.

Its not a third brake light it's a cargo light and many came with them, i have a set of the slotted steel wheels if someone is interested I also have the tubes for the air cleaner
Third brake light is on the cab.
I have seen these on 83 and up cabs.

It's pretty easy to tell for sure if it's legit, there should be another vin number on the box rail just in front of the back tire. 78's were closer i believe to the bottom of the frame rail and the 79's were up a little higher.. Hope that helps.

sorry, i forgot to say that these numbers were on the passenger side of the rail. And i believe they should be exact numbers to the vin on dash.

I am the original owner of a lil red express, and still have it, in my collection, ( Mint). The vin will have to have an "S" in it to be a real lil red. These trucks had cargo lights and not 3rd brake lights. They are all built with the 360 hi-po engine, and automatic 727. some of these trucks had AC as an option, and some have bucket seats, some had a bench, in either black or red. They never came with sliding rear windows although most you see have had them installed afterwards. The 78 model had round head lamps and the 79s had the quad lamp grille. also the hood differs from year to year. The 78's had 15x7 rims on front, and 15 X 8 on the rear, where as the 79s had 15 X 8 all around. There are some other minor differences as well, such as the rear side markers between the 2 years. The dodge was silk screened on the oak wood on the tail gate, originally. The wood bed floor came painted body color, and was pine. The wood on the body sides is red oak. twin stack and a "H" pipe were part of the package. 79s had cats, and 78s do not.

Can't believe how many people have grilled this guys truck! and were not even serious buyers.

Here in michigan ....the price on that truck is decent even for a non LRE pick up.

it looks pretty clean ....of course more pictures of some of the mentioned areas would really help the sale I assume.

Good luck on the sale....that would be a nice one to do a resto on by the looks of it!

ill trade you a 72 challenger solid project!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 594
heres the ram air tubes for a Lil' red

Attachments

• lil'red 001.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 549
  • lil'red 003.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 545
  • lil'red 006.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 529
  • lil'red 004.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 531
Solid truck...good price. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet.

Put it up on dodge connection, dodge talk and moparts. You'll have it sold in no time.

I feel you brother.When I had posted an ad to sell my Dart.I got alot of those insinuations that you are talking about also.It seems to me that those people do that because they wish that they had the money to buy it but they don't so they nit pick to make themselves feel better.Good luck with your sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back