1984 318

-

mycuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, Are all 318 blocks mount the same? Want to possibly use 1984
police 318 in my 69 Dart project. Have mount conversion.

Thanx in advance.
Dave

Hi, Are all 318 blocks mount the same? Want to possibly use 1984
police 318 in my 69 Dart project. Have mount conversion.

Thanx in advance.
Dave

Yup. Even the magnum 318s still have the older style mount ears on the blocks.got a friend restoring a 56 plymouth with a 277 V8. It has same bellhousing pattern as a 318, same mounting ears on the block. So yeah this setup goes back at least 50 years. Aint broke dont fix it.

Hope this helps you out.

Matt

Be aware that you will need to change either the water pump or the radiator as the water pump inlet is on opposite sides between the older and newer years.
Foster

Be aware that you will need to change either the water pump or the radiator as the water pump inlet is on opposite sides between the older and newer years.
Foster

I find the easiest way is to use the "newer" vibration damper, old timing chain cover, old cast iron style water pump, and old radiator. Then find TDC and paint a white mark on the damper to match the timing marks for the old style timing chain cover.

Thanx for all of your knowledge.
I appreciate it.
Also looking for usable bucket seats,side markers, floor console housing no linkage
or shifter, dash pad and left fender. I have had no replys figure I would ask.
Thanks again, Dave.

Thanx for all of your knowledge.
I appreciate it.
Also looking for usable bucket seats,side markers, floor console housing no linkage
or shifter, dash pad and left fender. I have had no replys figure I would ask.
Thanks again, Dave.

Hey, I just noticed that you are near Chicago. Where exactly are you?

I'm in the south west burbs.

Hi krazycuda,
Im in Barrington area. What year cuda you have?
Thanx Dave

Mycuda, You may be lucky and find out that 318 may have a roller cam. Look at the engine date. I picked this one up, it was from a 85 Dodge Diplomat with a 2 barrel carb. I was stoked and installed it in my truck.

Attachments

• Copy of 88truck_2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 88truck_4.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Copy of 88truck_1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Copy of 88truck_3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 123
Thats interesting. I have not bought the engine yet. but that gives me more incentive!
Thanks Dave

just make sure to plug the smog ports under the exhaust ports on the heads. If you don't, and you use your older exhaust manifolds or any headers, you will have 8 exhaust leaks!

-
Back