1984 Dodge Rampage

-
My engine is out clutch is off and looks like brand new.

So when will you have it dropped in your truck?

good job buddy. Here is a pic of my buddies charger.
SAM_1047.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice looking Cruck you've got there (Yes I said Cruck...Car-Truck) :D

I've got one of those too, an '83 Scamp GT.

Mine's been sitting in a garage (hasn't seen sunlight in at least 7 years... and I haven't seen the car since then). Last I remember, I had a 2.2L Turbo I Engine with a 5-Speed Transaxle & AWD Transfer Case on it laying in the bed of the Cruck.. And the rest of the AWD parts from a Caravan. My plan was to convert the little critter into a 2.2L Turbo 5-Speed AWD truck :burnout:

It stalled at the "Paint it" stage when I couldn't find a replacement Bumper insert (the fiberglass frame under the bumper skin) to replace my damaged one. So I fired it up, pulled it into one of my garages, yanked the battery out (to use in my daily driver, at the time a D50) and haven't seen the car/truck since that day

Try not to let that Rampage go Kegan, they look really cool and are getting very hard to find, I have an '83 and I call it the K-Camino! (I know, it's actually an L body Omni truck). There as an internet group called omnilith.com that you can join, lots of L body help there.

the motor should find its new home today between the fenders of the rampage

Enjoy kegon71 and lube all cables and double check all you safety precautions
Looking forward to an update tonight.

rampages have leaf springs. An a-body rear bolts right in. The factory 5 lug 7 inch shelby z wheels fit right on. These are an easy V8 rear wheel drive conversion 318 904

I've always liked those Rampages !!! Looks like your fixin to bring it back to life too !!!:prayer: There was an upholstery shop back in Naples that did the interior on my last Dart !!He had three of those sitting behind his shop,1 running,and the other two for parts !!He also just acquired a New Vinyl that he was going to make a Tonneau Cover out of !! It was Diamond Plate Embossed,and in Black or Silver !!!Got to tell you it looked awesome !!!

Thank you for the call yesterday young gun, I bet hearing it run was a hart rate lifter :cheers:
The sun is shining this morning and 31 degrees here this morning, I hope it shines for you today :happy2:.
Next step ?:-k

rampages have leaf springs. An a-body rear bolts right in. The factory 5 lug 7 inch shelby z wheels fit right on. These are an easy V8 rear wheel drive conversion 318 904

Yes, they're very easy to do a Small Block RWD conversion on. I believe Direct Connection even sold a SB K-Frame for those little trucks in the 80's too. They have a nice sized "Transmission tunnel" too (actually a Catalytic Converter Tunnel) With a curb weight of about 1,200 pounds (2.2L, all options, spare tire, etc) It would be a deadly beast with a small block.

Less than half the weight of an A-Body, Fiberglass Front Bumper/Nose, Aluminum Rear Bumper, Light weight seats, there isn't much to them. Pure suicide with a SBM, just the way I like my vehicles :D

BTW Steve, if you ever happen to come across a Fiberglass Bumper Insert (the frame/structure) for an '83 Scamp / Scamp GT, let me know. I would buy it in a heartbeat, because it's the only part that is preventing me from finishing my Scamp.

Here was mine shortly after I bought it. Cost me $50 at the time :D Hard to believe I've had that cruck for 8 years now, and I haven't seen it in 7 years

Picture026.jpg

Your build rocks. I had a neighbor when I was growing up that had a Rampage same color as yours. I haven't seen one in years.

Thank you for the call yesterday young gun, I bet hearing it run was a hart rate lifter :cheers:
The sun is shining this morning and 31 degrees here this morning, I hope it shines for you today :happy2:.
Next step ?:-k
getting the block for my brake line

-
Back