-
Status
Not open for further replies.

volaredon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
As title says. 98023 original miles came out of my 85 D150. On a stand stored in my garage ( stand stays here, doesn't go with) pulled last summer when I built my "high performance" /6....
No knocks, no ticks.
Damper is off but sitting right with it (I needed the pulley bolted to the backside) fresh manifold studs and gaskets 120 miles ago.
Intake on this engine is an early 70s one without EGR provisions.
Can include a fresh Holley 1 bbl reman for a little bit more. No distributor included, needed it for my "new" engine.
Great engine for those wanting to build the "lightest weight /6" without going aluminum. I have a 74 drool tube head to complete the "lightweight" theme. The original head on these engines wasn't that light like the drool tube ones The lightest cast block, the lightest crank ever in a /6, cast crank block, so narrower rods (less friction!) And lighter crank for faster revs. Everyone knows what a /6 looks like but (I guess) I have to post something. So what I have is this engine right after pulled and power washed. $150
Located an hour south of Chicago
I do have a '74 car pan and pickup that can go with, if you're not wanting it for another truck I'd like to keep the pan on it, but left it on to keep the motor clean inside for storage. I could use the space it is taking up.

IMG_20220624_203937611.jpg

Story of my life..... Know anybody passin thru? I could hand it off to another forum member for ya....
I've been down your way exactly once in my life ... And don't think I'll be around another 50-some years for the repeat...... (That's how old I was when I was down there a couple of years ago haha)

Story of my life..... Know anybody passin thru? I could hand it off to another forum member for ya....
I've been down your way exactly once in my life ... And don't think I'll be around another 50-some years for the repeat...... (That's how old I was when I was down there a couple of years ago haha)
Man I wish! I'd even pay you extra to leave the oil pan on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back