Status
Not open for further replies.

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1985 Dodge D100 truck that is in the way in my driveway. the /6 that is in it lost compression, and i have another /6 to go with it that was tested and has good compression (not sure the numbers). engine in it has a new carb, drivers fender is rusty, drivers floor is rusty, passenger side is fine, long box is solid, 2wd, auto, slider rear window, good parts truck or swap engines and drive. i daily drove it for about a a year and a half.
asking $400. you pick up. im located in BC Canada, on Vancouver Island.

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

Does the dipstick go into the oil pan or into the block? If it goes into the pan what would you want for just the section that the dipstick goes into (cheaper than shipping a whole pan)?

I droped a truck block into the scamp and didnt notice that the dipstick in a car goes into the block and the truck goes into the pan until everything was in and I went to put in the dipstick. I just need the section of the pan with a few of the bolt holes to line it up and then I can weld it into the car pan.

This is the part I need.

nodipstickhole2.jpg

Does the dipstick go into the oil pan or into the block? If it goes into the pan what would you want for just the section that the dipstick goes into (cheaper than shipping a whole pan)?

I droped a truck block into the scamp and didnt notice that the dipstick in a car goes into the block and the truck goes into the pan until everything was in and I went to put in the dipstick. I just need the section of the pan with a few of the bolt holes to line it up and then I can weld it into the car pan.

This is the part I need.

it doesn't really bolt in, it has these little rivets. if i can figure some way to get it out, i dunno, $5? plus shipping?

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

The area in red is what i need with 2 bolt holes on the gasket area so I can match it up with the car pan so the angle will be right and not have the crank bust off the end of the dipstick. You can cut it out with a grinder, cutoff wheel or hacksaw it doesn't need to be pretty.

pan.jpg

Seems like it would be easier to drill the boss in the block than to remove, cut, weld, and reinstall the pan.

I agree with drilling out the block also! Just before the bit goes through take it out and put a good coat of wheelbearing grease on the bit.That will catch most of the shavings in the grease instead of them falling in the pan area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back