1988 van 360

-

cpearce

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Over the years I have been collecting LA roller cam engines from 88-91, all of which have efi. I found a local seller with an 88 one ton van with a 360 for sale. I have not gone to see it yet, the seller says it is carburetor, I did a quick Google search and found that 88 Van's have carbs rather than efi. Does anyone know if these carb'd 88 engines have roller cams or flat tappet? Did efi and roller cams go hand in hand? The 88 out of a truck I have is both efi, and roller cam.
Thanks everyone.

Anyone know what diff a one ton 88 van has?

Over the years I have been collecting LA roller cam engines from 88-91, all of which have efi. I found a local seller with an 88 one ton van with a 360 for sale. I have not gone to see it yet, the seller says it is carburetor, I did a quick Google search and found that 88 Van's have carbs rather than efi. Does anyone know if these carb'd 88 engines have roller cams or flat tappet? Did efi and roller cams go hand in hand? The 88 out of a truck I have is both efi, and roller cam.
Thanks everyone.

Anyone know what diff a one ton 88 van has?

The LA 360 did get the hydraulic roller cam in 1988, but it might depend on the production date. Production of the 1988 models probably began in July of 1987, so the question is whether all the MY 1988 engines got them from that date forward, or did they phase the roller cam engine into production during the model year?
On the differential, I'm not sure, but on 1-ton trucks I think they were using the Dana 60 on non-duallys and the Dana 70 on duallys, so I am going to say the Dana 60. Anybody please correct me if I am wrong.

-
Back