1990 d250

-

discharger1332

Reaction score
im going to look at a 1990 d250 tommorow, anything special i should look out for? ive never had a 318 of that era.

Attachments

• 90 truck.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 200
I know where there is a 89 Dodge std cab 8 foot box cummins deisel truck for sale. very clean in and out.

I'm the original owner of a 1990 W250 with a 318 4-speed 4X4 with 206,000 trouble free miles on it. Still has the original injectors, exhaust system, alternator and starter in it. Post pix when you get back, and good luck!
Only trouble I've had with this truck in the last 22 years was the paint. It now wears urethane base coat/clear coat.

George

I have an 88 and love it! The 318 is quiet and very well built. No leaks or any other issues. The only problems I've had was the computer and the distributor.

Check the frame on the drivers side by the steering gear.Prone to cracks unless they have the brace that bolts to the frame and lower core support..

I like that truck... If it starts and drives down the road you should be good..Interior trim pieces are bad about cracking.I would leave it just like it is hubcaps and all. Keep us updated please.I love Dodge trucks..

I may have one of the frame braces if you need it.. I'll have to look though.

Check the frame on the drivers side by the steering gear.Prone to cracks unless they have the brace that bolts to the frame and lower core support..
I don't have this brace on my truck. Do you have a picture of it? Curious to see how it fits and what it does.

Thanks,
George

I don't have this brace on my truck. Do you have a picture of it? Curious to see how it fits and what it does.

Thanks,
George

I'll try to get a pic or two. It is basically a sorta V shaped bracket that bolts to the frame and to the core support under the radiator..

I used to have a 93... great truck. Still regret selling. Absolutely bulletproof.

Great trucks, I've got an 87 D150 SWB. Love it, never let me down (200K plus miles).

Attachments

• IMAG_0089.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 184
Here is a couple of pics of the brace..
bracketa.jpg

bracket.jpg

Seems like all the RamChargers have them from the factory. I do think at one time there was a TSB on them.. So look in the junk yards for Ramchargers and find one. They make a huge difference on frame flex...

it started and ran fine, but motor was caked in about 2" of buned oil and greese. other than that the chassis was real clean. i told him id think about it. i cant afford to replace the motor rite now, it may not need it but i cant afford to take that chance.

Well caked in old oil dont mean much .. ive had a few like that .. got them took them home cleaned them up and it was valve covers no big deal just look hard if ur still thinking bout it

-
Back