-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68 Sedan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
OK folks. My nephew has "graced" me with this lawn art long enough. He won't move it, so I will.

93 Concord. Don't remember if it's a 3.3 or a 3.5. Motor is good. Trans is bad. As you can see in the pics, ann the body is straight except for dent in driver's door. Seats in reasonable condition. Everything on the car (except the trans) works.

It is currently locked, but he has the KEYS and a CLEAR TEXAS TITLE

I want it gone.

$500 or offer

Location is D/FW area

P0002427.jpg

P0002428.jpg

P0002429.jpg

Imagine it with a puffer pokin out the hood...........

(car has now been given to me. Title and keys will be in hand this week. Somebody make me an offer over salvage, or I'm hauling it off)

It probably has the same affliction that 90% of then do................
a horribly underdesigned tranny--possibly done by Mitsubishi.

thanks for the support there crazy *** dave:thebirdm:

I don't know. About 3-4 years ago they had the trans rebuilt and all was well. Then one day the nephew announced it was acting up again. "Wouldn't move". It was like pulling teeth talking to him on the phone trying to diagnose what the deal was. From one thing he had said I thought it had a broken shift cable, or it was way out of adjustment.

Anyway, when I get him to bring me the keys and title I'm gonna charge the battery back up and see if I can do any diagnosing on it.

I'll be more than happy to help anyone with this in any way I can, but it's been "gracing my lawn" since September and I really want it gone, and my trailer back inside.

ok. thanks. yeah, if you don't mind taking a look. i sent the link to my better half, so we'll see what she says.

Word is I'll have the keys and title in hand tomorrow, 2/10

Nephew showed up today and cleaned his stuff out of the car. It is a 3.3. He said the front struts had been replaced on it, and it has brand new, yet to be installed rear struts in the trunk. (rock auto price $61.79ea) Donut spare and all jack pieces are there.

Wind is blowing about 700mph and severe storms are on the way, so I won't be charging the battery up today.

Tried to charge the battery today, but my fancy charger gives a fault code. So I'll be removing a battery from another car tomorrow to fire it up. I'll also try to get and post pics of the interior tomorrow.

Typed all this once and the page failed to load, so here is the short version.

I put a battery in the car today and it fired right up. No extraneous engine noises at all. I tried practically everything on the car, wipers, windows, locks, horn, radio, A/C (blew cold) and heat (didn't run it long enough to reach temp, but doors opened and closed under the dash). Basically everything on the car works.

I put it in "D" and gave it a bit of gas (been sinking in the lawn for the last 5 months) and it tried to lurch forward. Since the trailer is about 2 feet in front of the car I didn't let it. It DIDN'T, however, try to move backwards when I put it in reverse. I did NOT check the fluid.

So there's the lowdown. Here are some interior pics. I think it looks pretty damned good considering my nephew is young, has kids, and cares nothing about keeping a car clean.

P0002432.jpg

P0002433.jpg

P0002434.jpg

P0002435.jpg

P0002436.jpg

No tyler. It is a fwd. These cars didn't drive like a FWD though because the motor and transaxle are mounted fore and aft like a rear wheel drive car is. Also, the half shafts are exactly that. Every other fwd I know of has one long, and one short shaft, (because the motor and transaxle are turned sideways) which is part of the reason there is torque steer. These didn't suffer from that.

Sorry, but the factory didn't make these rwd. Back when these were new, people were hacking them up and putting blown Hemis and stuff in them just cause they could. There was even one at the NATS one year that had an engine in the front, and one in the rear as well. lol

Make a good Pro Street project.....

Funny, I was just telling a guy at work when he's done with his Dodge version, I wanted it. I wanted to do a 318 Intrepid.

OH, popular car around here still. Lots-o-these running around today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back