1999 dash for 1971 Plymouth Scamp

-

'71Scamp

Reaction score
Ok all, I've been lurking on this site for awhile and I've followed a couple of the magnum swaps. I recently started on swapping my 5.9 magnum and trans from a 1999 durango, and I started wondering if if it was possible to use the gauge cluster from the durango and wire it in and still have the odometer, check engine lights, ECT. This car has gone a long ways, it started as a /6 car, i got t boned by an older lady in her 08 Lincoln (scamp had a basket ball size dent in the passenger quarter her Lincoln was totalled) new paint and quarter, then I swapped in a 318/904 with an 8 1/4. Hopefully the magnum is the last motor going in for awhile.
20170611_190831.jpg

Anything is possible with enough time, skill and money. It will be all custom work though.

But I wouldn't want anything to do with those ugly plastic Durango gauges. I'm biased, it's one of my pet peeves with modern engine swaps. Seeing the gauge cluster from the donor car hacked into a classic just tells me whoever did the work couldn't figure it out or was too cheap to buy a standalone ecu.

I'd toss all the electronics straight in the trash long before I tried to put Durango gauges in a Scamp.

Yea, I was just trying to get ideas of what was out there. I started picturing those gauges in my dash shortly after posting this and scrapped the idea. I think I'm going to put the magnum away for a different project and go back to my 360/408 i was working on for the car.

Go to the Autometer Custom Shop and design your own gauges any way you like them.

Ps: Get a GPS speedo

Hey its possible, some have taken the whole interior out of srt cars and swapped them into their classics

-
Back