1st 318 rebuild

-
I wouldn't worry about the Push Rod pinch area. NOT a flow restriction....Just look like it is! I would how ever, match what you have ground out, to all the rest.

And don't get Greedy! Them head will flow just fine with just a casting clean up. YOUr not trying to change the shape of the port, just cleaned up to it intended design.

My first set of head i ported I HATED!:banghead:

yes thank you.theres a casting mark half way up the push rod i have just taken enough off to get rid of that and straighten em up.what you do wrong on your 1st attempt? figure do like you say and just clean em up shouldnt go to far wrong. will do other head next cpl days then go back over both and even things up. will be getting a 3 angle valve grind as well.cheers

I wouldn't worry about the Push Rod pinch area. NOT a flow restriction....Just look like it is! I would how ever, match what you have ground out, to all the rest.
hey cuda. think they look different in da pic cause was trying to line up 3/8 ext.look them straight on there pretty much the same..

bit more progress.(i hope.lol). get both heads to this then just tidy from that.any hints ,pointers most welcome,:computer:

Attachments

• DSCF0754.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF0753.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF0751.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 104
-
Back