1st Project

-

tomcopbar

Reaction score
Hello, I bought my first Mopar last August and am just about to start to seriously plan on what I want to do to it. I want to keep it a 318, I already have a donor engine that I can work on and still drive the car. I have read some articles on 400+hp 318s. I am thinking of replacing everything except the block, new cast crank, I-beam rods, KB pistons either 9.5-1 or the 11-1 I dont know, eddy heads and intake, and either a comp or lunati cam. The article writers used 750 Demon carbs, I thought that might be too big. Any ideas? I was looking at crate engines but decided I want to build my own engine, have more of a part of my car. Also, does anyone have any knowledge of the Killer Krate SB from Muscle Motors? 408 stroker with either 525 or 575hp. Transmission is another thing, I have looked at TCI 727 Streetfighter, a 518( dont really want that) or a keisler 5 spd conversion. Help me out with anything, my ears are open.

Welcome aboard and good luck with your project.

The only advice I can give you that is actually worth more money than all the costs you'll ring up on this build togther is;

Make a plan and stick to it!

Dream the dream, know what you want, write it down and go for it!

Good luck, if you decided to take on this mission, this post will self descrtuct in about 30 seconds, Good luck tomcopbar .......................

-
Back