2 Barrel Carter Carburetor Interchange

-

chrriff

Reaction score
I currently have 2 Mopar A bodies in my yard. 1 of them is a 69 Valiant Signet 4 door parts car. It has a 273 engine with a CARTER 2 barrel Carburetor. My other car is a 76 Valiant 4 door 318 also with a CARTER 2 barrel Carburetor which I am trying to get running. Will the 2 barrel off the 69 Valiant fit and function on the 76 318? The Carbs are identical with the exception of the emissions ports on the 76. Emissions arent an issue where I live ,I just need to know if the 2 barrel non emissions carb will work on the emissions laden 318. Oh yea the 318 is a NON California emission and NON lean burn(if that matters) Thanks in advance.

chrriff said:
I currently have 2 Mopar A bodies in my yard. 1 of them is a 69 Valiant Signet 4 door parts car. It has a 273 engine with a CARTER 2 barrel Carburetor. My other car is a 76 Valiant 4 door 318 also with a CARTER 2 barrel Carburetor which I am trying to get running. Will the 2 barrel off the 69 Valiant fit and function on the 76 318? The Carbs are identical with the exception of the emissions ports on the 76. Emissions arent an issue where I live ,I just need to know if the 2 barrel non emissions carb will work on the emissions laden 318. Oh yea the 318 is a NON California emission and NON lean burn(if that matters) Thanks in advance.

The carb doesnt know which motor is on :farao: In my opinion, as long as the linkages hook up and you plug the proper ports (so no major vac leaks). it shouldddddd run fine. A carb is easy enough to pull off and put on another motor, wortha shot.

-Mike

-
Back