2 barrel intake.

-

circlepilot

Reaction score
Questions, I'm looking at a two barrel manifold, how much "linkage" difference is there between a super 225 one barrel and a two barrel? I had a 2B on my 66 Valiant /6 several years ago, but can't remember much difference. What about the exhaust manifold difference? I've got a 65 Barracuda, Super 225, one barrel, with a functional heat riser. I've thought about a four barrel or two barrel adaptation.
Norm

Questions, I'm looking at a two barrel manifold, how much "linkage" difference is there between a super 225 one barrel and a two barrel? I had a 2B on my 66 Valiant /6 several years ago, but can't remember much difference. What about the exhaust manifold difference? I've got a 65 Barracuda, Super 225, one barrel, with a functional heat riser. I've thought about a four barrel or two barrel adaptation.
Norm
Kickdown linkage is different also and might be difficult to find but well worth it!

I prefer the aftermarket kickdown cables for such an arrangement, if possible. Easier to find and a little nicer design.
I put the super six on my old slant, couldn't tell much of a difference. Ymmv

Questions, I'm looking at a two barrel manifold, how much "linkage" difference is there between a super 225 one barrel and a two barrel?

Completely different. If you don't want to convert to a cable-type accelerator setup, you might consider the parallel 2bbl setup with a modified 1bbl intake. Photo documentation of a very well done such conversion is here.

What about the exhaust manifold difference?

Exhaust manifolds differ only in choke pocket and heat riser valve details, and it's by production date, not by carburetor type.

Factory 2bbl linkage setups are increasingly rare and expensive. See this thread for other kickdown options.

-
Back