2 Door Police cars

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever done a 2 door Police car theme??

Seems to be a popular thing for the big more door C-body owners but they also had two door patrol cars.

Attachments

• ChallengerPoliceCar2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 9xchp.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 1966-chevrolet-biscayne-2-door-sedan-police-car.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 190
I had a friend who had an 86 2 door crown vic cop car years ago. 351W and C6. It would boil the hides on command pretty much as long as you had your foot in it.

In the * 70s, Florida had 2 Dr. Mustangs used for the Florida Highway Patrol -- Now they're scarce, and hard to find. -- * per YY1, below, that was 80s & 90s.

Attachments

• FHP Police Car.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 162
With Colorado State Patrol in late 80's the first Mustangs we got were standard transmission with roll bars. Very impractical as day to day patrol car but what a blast to drive. In the mid 90's we moved to IROC's again not very practice but a kick to patrol in. When you spend the climbing in, out and up out of those cars it was soon discovered there was usually more driving around looking good than actual work. They were wonderful public relations and recruiting tools for agencies.

Glad I had promoted before these were around for very long or I would have generated lots of complaints, especially those first 5 speed Mustangs.

That was the late 80's and all through the 90's.

We had a SLEW of 5.0 notch back mustang FHP cars down here.

They were real popular to buy from auctions.

I have family in rural SW Ohio and the township has their 2 door 67 Coronet with external mount siren sitting outside the courthouse.

I have a pic somewhere.....

-
Back