2 old Jeep Trucks

-

fastcorgigarage

Reaction score
My jeep cherokee blew it's engine for good a couple months ago. My wife mentioned this on social media, and much to our surprise 1 of her friends told us the if wanted her old 88 Jeep Comanche that we could come get it for free. Naturally we ran up north, rented a uhaul, and trailers the truck back. Spent $39 and got it running again. Then a friend of mine told me he needed money for some legal paperwork, so I ended up biying his 73 Jeep J4000 4x4 for $500. All it needs is a gas tank, tail light covers, carburetor rebuilt and some very minor wiring for the front turn signals to work. All in all a very lucky couple of weeks.

20181028_183350.jpg

20181028_183403.jpg

20181028_183416.jpg

20181028_183440.jpg

Screenshot_20181028-183928.jpg

Screenshot_20181028-183951.jpg

Screenshot_20181028-184006.jpg

Screenshot_20181028-184017.jpg

Screenshot_20181028-184047.jpg

Screenshot_20181028-184057.jpg

That J4000 is one helluva truck! Nice score!

Thank you. I haven't even got it to my home yet, and I already have had a few offers for it. I just can't part with it as soon as I get it, mainly because the people that want it, they want to part it out for their rock crawlers.

I saw that one online. That truck looks a lot better than the one I'm getting delivered tomorrow. I don't think I could get anywhere near that much for this one in it's current state. My wife and i are wanted to make it a decent few year project. New paint, interior, wiring, engine upgrades.

I saw that one online. That truck looks a lot better than the one I'm getting delivered tomorrow. I don't think I could get anywhere near that much for this one in it's current state. My wife and i are wanted to make it a decent few year project. New paint, interior, wiring, engine upgrades.
Well, that’s not quite my point. It is what the Jeep could be worth with some TLC.

It’s a helluva truck and there are only a very few out there to be had. A real treasure.

For the J (SJ) there's two forums, www.ifsja.org forum is still hanging in there in spite of the dated vbulletin software; and full size jeep forum which I rarely check even though its software is better.
With the fuel filter over the exhaust manifold, my guess is someone ran a electric fuel pump. :( Other than that, engine compartment looks pretty good. If its factory 4 bbl, that's a plus, but the 2bbl is plenty for most purposes.
Commanche is nice too.
:thumbsup:

I had a J10, probably the best truck I’ve ever owned. Had a 401 I transplanted. Unfortunately it met its demise.

I had a J10, probably the best truck I’ve ever owned. Had a 401 I transplanted. Unfortunately it met its demise.
I'm keeping it as is for now with the 360 and factory 4 barrel carburetor. I'm going to do some research in it and if the motor and trans are the originals to the truck, then I'll keep it as it is. However if either 1 of those have been replaced, then it's motor swap time!

Those early Jeeps, bronco's etc are really hot right now. But any OLD truck in Tx is hot!! Great score!!!!! If you was closer, I would ask to rub your head for luck.
I rather be lucky than good any day!

Those early Jeeps, bronco's etc are really hot right now. But any OLD truck in Tx is hot!! Great score!!!!! If you was closer, I would ask to rub your head for luck.
I rather be lucky than good any day!
Thank you. These 2 trucks are honestly my luckiest scores ever (when it comes to vehicles). Usually I get absolutley screwed over when buying used vehicles. I wish I was in Texas again! Not because I could unload these for a hefty profit, but because Kansas absolutley sucks, and I miss Arlington.

Got my J4000 home today. Now the wife and I are debating on making it a long term project, or just get it running properly, and possibly selling and/or trading it off. I really miss having an a body mopar, but then again trucks are awesome.

-
Back