2 part super glue?

-

n00blike

Reaction score
I saw on muscle car a week or 2 ago they did some audio installs. The guy used a 2 part super glue to modify the console. He had a bottle that looked like normal super glue but then he used something from an aerosol can and they made it dry almost instantly. Have any of you guys/gals know what he used?

I have also seen this used on other shows that do audio stuff but i can see the name and they never talk about it. It is usually used on plastics.

Also a few years ago i saw some advertised on a drag race show where they cut then glued the blower belt on and ran it. It didn't brake.

Super Glue Accelerator.

Insta-Set is a spray that, when applied to the surface to be bonded, acts as an accelerator that allows all cyanocrylates to cure at an even faster rate than normal. Comes in a 2 oz. plastic spray bottle.

its C.A. (catalyst) glue you can find it at any hobby shop. they make two types that ive used in audio instalation. one is good for just about anything and the other os for foam rubber (works good for doing re-cones) they run between $5 and $10 each.

oh and just a tip when using it make sure your fingers dont have glue on them when you spray the catalyst, you will bond to what you touch lol.

Also, don't leave the open bottle of glue where the mist from the accelerator will get to it.

o.k. i have a lot of experiance working with the products offered from mohawk.
http://www.mohawk-finishing.com/
I do clear coats on wood for private jet interiors and we use super glue to repair any damage & fill holes between clear coats and many other things. What i like best about their stuff is they offer super glue in different thicknesses. You can get a thin (like water) a med or a gel. The spray can is an accelerator. you need to be carefull and not spray too much directly on the glue as it will cause it to smoke and dry whith and bubbley. what i do is put glue on one side, spray accelerator on other then attach. They also make a de-bonder that works very well. will remove the glue from most anything without damaging it.
one more use for the glue. you can fill clear coat chips with it. it will sand and buff out just like clear.

There is also Zap-A-Gap at hobby/art stores that works awesome and has the accelerator spray in there lineup as well.

I also love the Zap A gap plus the accelerator. As far as another accelerator try baking soda on the super glue.Baking soda is one well-known substance with this effect. If you apply a layer of superglue to a seam and gently pour baking soda over it, the glue will cure very quickly. It makes for most effective filler for smaller jobs, and the baking soda results in a slightly rough surface which is good for sanding.

-
Back