2 similar A-bodies...which would YOU build and why?

-
I don't think its hate its more preference. You could compare any 71 car to any 75 car and Id bet the 71 is more desirable. So much happened in that 4 year span mostly due to Federal regulations at the time that just watered down the style and performance of the cars.

what does it take to install 275/60-15s on a 71 Scamp; on a budget.

All I did was redrill the front hanger bolts 5/8" inward and pretty much the same for the rears. Then just a 15 dollar set of spring perches later and some grinding and welding and it's done. You've just gotta get the right wheel to center them up. Don't say something can't be done if others are actively doing it.

1719235864508.jpeg

4) If a 2-door; it's a 108wb car, so ranks among the lightest of the 67 to 76 cars.
Sorry AJ, Darts & Scamps are a 111 inch wheelbase regardless of being a 2 door or a four door. Pre-'73 Valiants (but not Scamps), Dusters/Demons/Dart Sports, and Barracudas were 108 inch.

I will always go with a 72 and earlier car. I hate the plastic in the later ones, the small inside door handles, and most everything but the beaker does n ot bother me. Would I buy and build a beaker? Yes. But it would have to be a solid project, complete and priced FAIR>>>> Haven't seen such ion 5-6 years!

Like Al said, $ would better be spent on a good and real muscle variety IF you could find a good candidate and not priced by a dude on really bad dope! But, we generally build what we have and like.

Wow never knew 75 cars where so hated by this crowd!
I'd probably go with the scamp because I already have a 75 swinger! But I wouldn't turn down another 75 swinger either! It makes me sad to see all the "beak" cars getting parted out and scraped just so ppl can put disk brakes on there "desired" 69 and 70 cars. I love everything about the beak cars. I love the taillights and rear bumpers I actually think the 70-73 taillights in the bumpers are ugly and an after thought it's like they designed the car and forgot to put the taillights in the drawing so they were just like he'll let's cut a hole in the bumper and put one there. The 75 grille is the best looking of the beak cars imo. To me the 75 is one if the best looking 2 door cars dodge ever made. Especially when done right.
THe beaker Plymouth's are pretty good but I'm not a fan of the Dodges.

109972108_2864560423673262_5764382018828244168_o.jpg

I will always go with a 72 and earlier car. I hate the plastic in the later ones, the small inside door handles, and most everything but the beaker does n ot bother me. Would I buy and build a beaker? Yes. But it would have to be a solid project, complete and priced FAIR>>>> Haven't seen such ion 5-6 years!

Like Al said, $ would better be spent on a good and real muscle variety IF you could find a good candidate and not priced by a dude on really bad dope! But, we generally build what we have and like.
Fair price is getting tough... I see 4 door A bodies 5-7 grand. I think that's a bit much for a /6 4 door 4 doors will be kissing 10 grand soon guys are hyping them up like the next craze.

Wow never knew 75 cars where so hated by this crowd!
I'd probably go with the scamp because I already have a 75 swinger! But I wouldn't turn down another 75 swinger either! It makes me sad to see all the "beak" cars getting parted out and scraped just so ppl can put disk brakes on there "desired" 69 and 70 cars. I love everything about the beak cars. I love the taillights and rear bumpers I actually think the 70-73 taillights in the bumpers are ugly and an after thought it's like they designed the car and forgot to put the taillights in the drawing so they were just like he'll let's cut a hole in the bumper and put one there. The 75 grille is the best looking of the beak cars imo. To me the 75 is one if the best looking 2 door cars dodge ever made. Especially when done right.
Don't sweat it, Dartfreak- enjoy what you have. Haters will always be there. When you've got a beaker, they say "throw a '70-72 front end on it". If you have a '70-72 then they say the '67-'69s are better. Then it's "don't you wish it was a GTS"... then "if only it was an M code" or "why don't you make it an LO Hemi clone"...
Enjoy the love, effort and money you've put into your ride of choice- your smile is the only one that matters. Remember, the naysayers usually only have a Kia in their garage.

Fair price is getting tough... I see 4 door A bodies 5-7 grand. I think that's a bit much for a /6 4 door 4 doors will be kissing 10 grand soon guys are hyping them up like the next craze.
I see all these nut prices on 4 door beaters on FB Marketplace all the time. IF you bookmark any car for sale, and come back months later to see IF it sold, cars in general are NOT selling here and darn sure none of the $5-10 more door turds of any brand, that are nothing more than poor parts cars. Maybe the 4 door will be the next craze! Don't know!
I noticed a 57 Chevy nice 4 door solid survivor driver that was still for sale here in Tx. at $10,000 a year later just yesterday.

Yep 4 doors are all that's left it seems...I mean even a 2 door roller body these days it needs trunk pans, quarters all of it.

Don't sweat it, Dartfreak- enjoy what you have. Haters will always be there. When you've got a beaker, they say "throw a '70-72 front end on it". If you have a '70-72 then they say the '67-'69s are better. Then it's "don't you wish it was a GTS"... then "if only it was an M code" or "why don't you make it an LO Hemi clone"...
Enjoy the love, effort and money you've put into your ride of choice- your smile is the only one that matters. Remember, the naysayers usually only have a Kia in their garage.
I guess im just partial. I bought my dart in 2001 at 16 years old. I knew nothing about cars. I always liked darts my neighbor had a 68 dart and I feel in love with mopars because of that car. When I found mine (a complete accident I wasn't looking for one) I had to have it and I've loved it ever since. It's been 23 years now. It was my everyday driver until around 2004. The car sat neglected for many years ( life happened marriage, kids, job) in 2018 I started putting her back together. I got a motor in her in 2020 and it's still got a long ways to go but it's running and driving and I'm enjoying it again. I have alot of blood, sweat, and tears (and many many hours) in it and I wouldn't trade it for any 68-71, GTS, etc. I guess if had stumbled across a none beak car back in the summer of 2001 I would have a different opinion on them. Lol

20180829_104649.jpg

20180829_104610.jpg

20180829_104431.jpg

20180829_104511.jpg

20200424_222144.jpg

20240617_194833.jpg

20230916_211941.jpg

20230916_161257.jpg

received_739950778290958.jpeg

71 Scamp, just swap K (uses in frame sway bar) frame, just get a motor mount kit for big or small block, all suspension, and when apart mini tub rear, get ac working, swap all parts as needed and sell the other one.

-
Back