2004 Dakota

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can buy just the boot for the front drive shaft i checked all the usual places . is there a company that specializes in making quality boots ?
thanks. JJJ.

Which boot? CV or the type of shaft that has the boot over the splines where it slides? I got rid of my CV type after going through 2-3 on my AWD Dakota. If its the slider then Advance has one. Search for propeller shaft boot Dakota or propeller shaft CV repair Dakota. I think you will find several.

Which boot? CV or the type of shaft that has the boot over the splines where it slides? I got rid of my CV type after going through 2-3 on my AWD Dakota. If its the slider then Advance has one. Search for propeller shaft boot Dakota or propeller shaft CV repair Dakota. I think you will find several.

it's the cv type and you just can't buy just the boot i may need to change to a cardan type but i cant find a kit to do that . what did you do ?

My truck has a body lift, suspension lift, 35" tires. It was AWD and I kept tearing up shafts. I changed the transfer case to part-time and put in the new shaft. You can buy the CV rebuild kit for under $50. I bought a new shaft from O'Reilly and when it arrived it had the Double Cardan joints even though the picture was CV. We called and verified that it was the correct part and it was a design change. I don't remember if it was Cardone or Masterpro but, mine is a 2002. There are 2-3 lengths and diameter for these trucks. I think I bought one for a 2000 Dak.

OOPs I just notice you were North. Good luck in your search. Maybe a member up that way will chime in with some advice.

-
Back