2006 Dodge Ram 4WD Trouble

-

demon700

Reaction score
I have been having nothing but trouble with the 4WD on my 06 Ram 1500 Sport. When I first bought the truck, the "service 4wd" would flash on when it rained, so I pulled the transfer case motor off and found it cracked and full of water. I replaced it, and it seemed to work good for a few weeks. Then, the first big snow we got this year, i go to put it in 4wd and it won't go, the indicator lights just keep flashing. So i climb under the truck, unplug the TC motor and clean the terminals up, seemed to be getting some water in the plug. I siliconed the plug and wires and again it worked good, until the next storm. I do the same thing, pull the plug, clean the terminals, plug her back together. Now it will show it is in 4wd on the dash (sometimes it is a struggle to make it do that) but it will not actually go into 4wd. I am going to pull the TC motor again this weekend, then I got reading about FAD actuators, does this sound like a possible sympton for that? Any help is appreciated, the truck is useless without 4wd

I'm glad for that reason that my older dodge has a stick on the floor, if I put it in 4wd its actually in there.

my 05 has a floor shift 4x4 the dash indicator does not work but tc is working properly i hate all the electronic gadgetry in new vehicles

-
Back