2006 Ram Check engine light

-

69swinger340391

Reaction score
I have a friend with a 2006 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi.

The check engine light is on. I hooked it up to my computer, but cannot get my program to "recognize" that it is hooked up to the truck. I do not have any trouble retrieving codes from other cars with this program. It has worked before on a couple of 2004 Rams that I worked on, but this particular truck is giving me trouble.

Has any one had this happen before? Does anyone know of any recalls or TSB's regarding this? I searched the internet but cannot find any solution.

I'd like to retrieve the code and fix the problem.

Thanks for any help.

I cannot speak on the definitive break, but many of the new cars have gone from a standard OBD2 to a "can bus" system. In short, the electrial runs along a primary wire, and sends its signal to the computer via pulses, instead of each component having its own wire, something to that effect. You scanner may not work on can bus?

Used to have this problem with a the IDS not communicating with Fords. Check the fuse which powers the DLC.

It is the CAN bus issue. I contacted they supplier and I need an updated cable to access those cars with the CAN bus type system.

Thanks

-
Back