2010 has not been kind to me

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
I can't believe the luck I am having this year! 2 weeks ago I am thrown in the hospital because I was bleeding out ( didn' t know anything was wrong ). Took 8 pints of blood to stabilize me just so they could operate on me. While this is going on I throw 2 heart attacks on them because I was so low on blood. They give me last rights on Saturday and send me home on Monday! go figure. So now I am trying to make up lost time on painting my cuda and just finish wet sanding the primer and getting ready to throw first coat of base coat on it and my compressor throws a rod without a hint or warning. Spent the last day and a half replacing the compressor (major modifications) and the electric motor can't handle the load and craps out. 5 horse motors ain't cheap either. While I was out running around chasing compressor parts a large branch out of a 120 foot cottonwood tree ( about 8" diameter and 5 foot long About 100 pounds)decides to harpoon the roof on my garage and the only thing stopping it from coming all the way through the attic and getting my cuda is my Triumph motorcycle I have stored away in the attic. With all the snow and now rain we are getting I come home and see the branch sticking up out of my roof like a stake in a vampire - figuring WTF else can go wrong when I unlock the garage to check the damage from the inside only to see a 6 inch layer of smoke along my ceiling. Seems the rain and melting snow only had one place to go and that was into an electrical box on the ceiling that I power my lights with. Luckily I caught it before the garage caught fire! At this point I think i need to get drunk or stoned or both and take the rest of the week off and go to bed and hide under the covers - GEESSH!!!

Oh man, I feel your pain. The most important thing is that you're OK and didn't end up on the wrong side of the grass. Plus your garage didn't catch fire. Maybe you're luckier than you think. ;) It's all in how you look at it I suppose.

This last weekend in my life no one died, broke a bone or fell sick. I was amazed and felt incredibly lucky. Hopefully you'll have a good coming weekend too.

Damn, Outlaw, you sure hit the jackpot so far this year! I'm glad to hear you're still upright and breathing, and that your garage didn't burn and destroy that mean fish of yours. On the bright side, it looks like you only have 2 ways to go for the rest of the year - sideways or up. Better luck on ya' for the rest of the year bud.

If it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any at all. Be careful out there.

I sure hope YOU are doing fine OUTLAW !!
Your health comes first and I must say that is allot of stuff to have to deal with in such a short time :angry7:
I sure hope you have some friends around ya to help take care of getting your car out of the shop and patch up the roof 8)
I agree, I think a good day away and with some refreshments "if the doctors approve" Slam a few back and roll one up and make a new tado list and carry on.:cheers:
Ramcharger made a good point, It sure could have been worse.
I hope the sun shines for you soon and this can be put down in the record books OUTLAW :happy10:

Wow, I`m glad to hear you`re well, that sounded like a very close call. I guess one thing you can be thankful for is that you`re still here. What`s the odds of all of that crap happening in such a short timespan? If I were you I would go play the lottery, you`re bound to win.

Look at it this way, Youre out of the hospital and well enough to move around and do things.

Everything else is just stuff. As long as youre healthy, the other stuff can get fixed or replaced.

I would go and do both OUTLAW.(D&S) Glad no one was hurt and hope your year get better soon. Mine is actually going better then the last two. How did the Triumph fair? If not so well then at least it gave its life for a worthy cause.(saving the Cuda)

Glad to hear you are OK! That IS the most important thing... I wish you were in Des Moines, WA. that is only a few minutes away from me, I'd be there in a flash and help get your garage fixed... (both the roof and electrical).

They say bad things happen in threes, and that's what I'm counting. You're in the clear from here.

Very glad to hear you are OK after everything you have been through. Keep your spirits up.

Grant

Take care of yourself first man!!! Insurance pays for the garage. Lots of " what if's" there and nobody got hurt. That's the important thing. **** happens, hence my signature line. Hope you feel better soon!!

Well that does sound like a big heap of poo but I'd still say coming out of it alive trumps all the bad stuff :cheers:

At least you're not worm bait six feet under. The fact that you're here and can share it with us is a step in the right direction. Take some time off for sure to just rest. Go for a walk..... but maybe avoid the cracks in the sidewalk, ladders and black cats. :-D

Wylde1.

lol worm bait!

Glad your ok man! What a lot a man has to go through to work on his car!!

I can't believe the luck I am having this year!

OMG!!
I am sorry for your misfortune, but very happy with your good luck finding the health problem in time!!!

Best wishes being sent. I hope things go better for you.
Prayers sent!

Maybe your just getting all the bad stuff out of the way and the rest your life will now be peachy.

Hope things get better for ya.

-RPM

Thanks all! I 'm used to adversity (I drive a Mopar in a chevy/ford world) but it seemed like I pissed off the powers that be! I have been clinically dead 3 times in my life and it seemed funny to me that they give me last rights and tell my family that I probably won't make it thru the weekend- all the while I don't have a pain and I'm trying to talk my wife and this cute little nurse to take turns giving me a sponge bath ...lol I guess the garage and compressor is just the price I have to pay the grim reaper for wasting his time ...LOL I kept smilin' and crackin' jokes all the time just because it seemed surreal to me. Oh well maybe next time ! back to paintin' the Cuda
thanks for the good words

Yeah, but not many people got a cool cuda like you do.

Usually takes about three major malfunctions before you get to wits end and they always seem to hit one after the other.

Keep your geiger counter and your seizmometer on at all times. LOL.

boy some of that water stream must be what I'm drinking from, too; since '07. '09 was the worst and '10 isn't starting very great either.

RIP 2007-2008. It's times like these that you find out how good your home insurance policy is. I found out after my house burnt down to absolutely nothing and two weeks later my barn was broken into where they stole my air compressor $10k in tools, my atv lift (left the 04' yz250f), and then broke into my car and stole the stereo, starter, and catalytic converter. They also tried to hot wire it and fucked the electrical up so badly that I open the door and the cooling fans turn on.

Best wishes to you and I hope you don't let it all get you down.

Holy crap!! What a year!

I guess the garage and compressor is just the price I have to pay the grim reaper for wasting his time ...LOL
You gotta respect that attitude though. If you keep that sense of humor you will be just fine.:cheers:

sometimes life deals us things and we ask why me?

we never know what is going to happen.

I received a phone call yesterday that one of my best friends for over 35

years died of a heart attack. that is scary because we are all getting older

and wonder if we are next.

It is unfortunate when things happen that we don't expect or plan for.

most of us have had our turn at misfortunes in life and we have to learn to

pick up the pieces and move on. that is much easier said than done

especially when we are the ones going through the bad stuff. a saying that

I often refer to is "when the going gets tough...the tough get going"

Everything happens for a reason and we usually don't see the rationale for

these things to happen. when it has been my turn for bad things I try and

focus on the positive and keep telling myself that it could of been worse and

give thanks just for the fact that I am alive.

I know that things will turn out...they always do. just usually not as quickly

as we would like them to. Keep a stiff upper lip as you know things can

only get better.

-
Back