2010 Plum Crazy Color

-

schreecher

Reaction score
Well, today I forked out the bucks for the plum crazy paint for my Dart. I about dropped a load when I saw the pricetag for all the paint reducers, etc. But, I have been waiting to paint my Dart forever, and I just love that paint. Has anyone put the new paint on cars yet? Actually I think the paint is no different that the 08 Chargers that were painted that color.... I will post some pictures after I get it out of the shop. Anybody have any Dart pictures of that new color to post? Thanks

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I would really like to see some pics of the progress and final results. If you don't mind me asking, what products did you get and how much did it run you?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I would really like to see some pics of the progress and final results. If you don't mind me asking, what products did you get and how much did it run you?

I bought what the painter had told the paint supplier. I think it came up to 1349.07 total for all of the reducers, hardeners, etc. I will get some before, in between, and after pictures. We are doing a swap on some of the labor, so I am going to be putting in a heater in his garage along with the ducting, and also a rooftop exhaust I think that I am going to rent a booth for the day to get it painted though......

I bought what the painter had told the paint supplier. I think it came up to 1349.07 total for all of the reducers, hardeners, etc. I will get some before, in between, and after pictures. We are doing a swap on some of the labor, so I am going to be putting in a heater in his garage along with the ducting, and also a rooftop exhaust I think that I am going to rent a booth for the day to get it painted though......

What did you mean by "new Paints" low voc's? or water based?

My last few jobs have been with PPG and the price is rediculous. About the same as yours. And doesnt include masking or sanding supplies. For my own projects I am switching to paint from a wholesaler. Now I can paint a car for around $200. First car with new paint will be in April, I hope it lays down well.

What did you mean by "new Paints" low voc's? or water based?

My last few jobs have been with PPG and the price is rediculous. About the same as yours. And doesnt include masking or sanding supplies. For my own projects I am switching to paint from a wholesaler. Now I can paint a car for around $200. First car with new paint will be in April, I hope it lays down well.

I meant that the color is new 2010 Plum Crazy, and has a deeper color, and some sparkle. This paint was from a wholesaler, and it was the painters price. I am sure that we are getting reamed, but he stated that too many guys go cheap on the paint, and it is the most important thing that you will look at.....first impression.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=83850

Howdy, what i used here is the plum crazy, correct for the 71 dodge.
what you see is acrylic enamel. used it for one coat coverage, no clear needed. 40.00 for the quart, 20 for the hardner, 30 for the fisheye. the hardner and fisheye does a couple of quarts. i will do the outside in base/ clear so i can sand and buff. it works fine and wears really good. the metalic shows well and the photos you see the car is dusty in the garage check a search also and you can see the hood and trunk lid same forum. don't need that high dollar paint, you will need epoxy primer for the outside. i doing the underhood, trunk and door jams etc. with acrylic. easy to touch up when working under there and cause a scratch etc. just a suggestion. :)

-
Back