2011 Dodge Charger - car ****

-

challengergary

Reaction score
Got a call from the Sales Mgr at the local Dodge Dealer, they got their first 2011 Charger in and he told me to come by and take some pics and dimensions if I wanted to. Needless to say, I got over there as fast as I could.

First impression - WOW! It is drop dead gorgeous! Someone else must agree because it had not been on the lot for 2 hours and they were already writing a deal on it!

Attachments

• 2011-02-05 12.24.39.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 615
  • 2011-02-05 12.24.51.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 566
  • 2011-02-05 12.29.53.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 564
  • 2011-02-05 12.30.44.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 620
  • 2011-02-05 12.30.53.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 610
  • 2011-02-05 12.31.00.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 592
hmmmmmm.

2008_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x_image009-thumb.jpg

Looks like a ram truck from the front..and still has two doors two many,mopar/fiat still can't get it right:thumbdow::thumbdow::thumbdow:

I'm glad it's generating some excitement in the showroom, and some income for Chrysler, but I just can't like it. I even tried squinting up my eyes but it still just looks like a big mess to me lol. They need to start with a clean sheet of paper. I don't think we can blame Fiat too much, the restyling was probably already well underway before the merger. Italians are known for design so I'm waiting to see what they do.

I like it! Theres lots of retro styling cues in that car. I really dig the tailight treatment and the rims. The hood and side scallops do kinda look like that evo though...but Im sure thier also cues from chargers past right????lol.. That evo is waaaay uglier than the Charger.

I for one would be much happier in that over my 00 Caravan!

If i were buying right now,that ugly thing is just another reason i'd be buying a stang'...

Only problem is fitting any passengers in a 'stang ain't gonna happen. Plus, at 6'3" there is nowhere near enough leg room for me to drive a mustang

My wife has a Chrysler 300 and I have a Challenger and we love them both.

Attachments

• 000_0936 (600 x 400).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 504
  • 000_0768 (600 x 400).jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 492
we've got a red one in our dealership and I think it looks better. the 4 doors are because most people that buy the charger have kids and it makes it easier to put them in the back seats.

we've got a red one in our dealership and I think it looks better. the 4 doors are because most people that buy the charger have kids and it makes it easier to put them in the back seats.

Thats why you buy a truck w/4 fullsize doors...

When you consider what we've lived with for a Charger for the last 5+ years, it looks great! The retro lines are a nice touch. I guess if you haven't liked it up til now, you still don't.

There's the problem right there. Thinking they can build cars to suit everyone at the same time. If they ever come out with a 2 door I might be interested as long as they get rid of that Ram truck grill and put it on a diet of 3-500#'s. Of course people always say that there aren't enough buyers out there for 2 door Coupe's to which I say, what about Honda, Toyota and lets not forget the Mustang. Can you imagine the **** that would be flung, the monumental bleeding of Mustang owners that would result and the end of civilization as we know it predictions if Ford decided to make a 4 door Mustang to make easier for families.

Oh the Horror.

saw a mineral grey r/t, pictures just don't do the car much justice. In person the new car is much smaller in appearance and much sportier. I can't wait to see what the SRT version is going to be.

If you dont mind lousy mpg...

Well, my fullsize 4 door V8 truck will pull 21mpg on a long interstate run, and does it often! Not bad considering it seats 6 adults comfortably, can carry just about anything I need to, and can pull it's own weight easily up hill at 75mph, with little effort!

btw, I like the Chargers, I just wish they would have called it a "Magnum sedan", instead of using up the good "Charger name on a 4 door family sedan, even if it is available with a Hemi.

I,m opposite of most. I like the front but hate the tailight treatment. Rear looks like a Mitsubishi.

It looks like a mitsubishi, ram truck and a dodge magnum had a threesome. Nasty.

Well, my fullsize 4 door V8 truck will pull 21mpg on a long interstate run, and does it often! Not bad considering it seats 6 adults comfortably, can carry just about anything I need to, and can pull it's own weight easily up hill at 75mph, with little effort!

btw, I like the Chargers, I just wish they would have called it a "Magnum sedan", instead of using up the good "Charger name on a 4 door family sedan, even if it is available with a Hemi.
Is that a 2wd or a 4wd? MDS or not? My old 05 was 2WD and it was nothing for it to get 20mpg on the highway with 4 adults in it with a Hemi.

-
Back