2011 SRT8 6.4L (392) Hemi

-
and it will actuly say 392 hemi on the fenders oh ya no leeters...... hahahah should have been spelled like that

finally MDS on the big motor,,,automatic only just like the 5.7,,,,cant find any mileage ratings,,,wonder if the MDS will take the new SRT out of the gas guzzler pricing,,,

i just read it, it doesnt say any thing about NO STICK,,, it says MDS not available on stick shift,,,i would think the stick is still available,, they would have to be crazy to delete the manual tranny,,im glad ive waited,,,im liking what i see on this new SRT

And to think I already bought this for around the same price as that. Only an acre with a 2 story shop and a spray booth. Where did I go wrong??
house057.jpg

Well my srt with a 6 spd 09 model gets 26-28 all day long if you keep your foot out of it, but still got hammered with a BS gas guz tax. On auto yes, but the sticks get great mPG, have no and have talked to over 50 guys same results.

Yep it will not have a gas tax per my source, is rated at 23-24 like a stang GT v8 so will just make it.

Should handle and run better overall stock, but the intake is the ugly plastic stuff, elect steering and more etc.

Nice car, but we will see on the 6 speed in mid 2011, same issue as the 1st SRTs in 08.

To bad it did not come out with 500-525 hp rating, but is a good torque rating. Should be decent for a heavy car!:)

I still like the Hurst Blown models better, and Mopar before the BK was suppose to offer a blown version with over 500hp to the rear wheels and a factory warranty on the power train to boot, but that all went bye bye with the BK:(

More colors will be out after the 1st limited models.

I was told this will be the new power plant for an srt, so i am sure a 6 speed to follow, then in 2010 the Challenger unless a major re-work will be end of life.

PS there is and was a LY smaller platform for the Charger/300/ Challenger in the works.

That is really where it is at and the car would weigh like 3500-3600 compared to 4070.

From the way I read it you can still get the car with a stick even with the 392

Well my srt with a 6 spd 09 model gets 26-28 all day long if you keep your foot out of it, but still got hammered with a BS gas guz tax. On auto yes, but the sticks get great mPG, have no and have talked to over 50 guys same results.

Yep it will not have a gas tax per my source, is rated at 23-24 like a stang GT v8 so will just make it.

Should handle and run better overall stock, but the intake is the ugly plastic stuff, elect steering and more etc.

Nice car, but we will see on the 6 speed in mid 2011, same issue as the 1st SRTs in 08.

To bad it did not come out with 500-525 hp rating, but is a good torque rating. Should be decent for a heavy car!:)

I still like the Hurst Blown models better, and Mopar before the BK was suppose to offer a blown version with over 500hp to the rear wheels and a factory warranty on the power train to boot, but that all went bye bye with the BK:(

More colors will be out after the 1st limited models.

I was told this will be the new power plant for an srt, so i am sure a 6 speed to follow, then in 2010 the Challenger unless a major re-work will be end of life.

PS there is and was a LY smaller platform for the Charger/300/ Challenger in the works.

That is really where it is at and the car would weigh like 3500-3600 compared to 4070.

i had heard before the challenger was done in 2010,,,but seems its still here,,may not be selling as many as the crapmaro,,,but there selling a few,,,,hopefully the new 6.4 wont send the price to the moon,,and wil be around when my wifes pacifica is paid for,,lol unless i sell this barracuda,,,,,,any one looking for a blown prostreet car?? lol

Here is a typical built stroker with a blower, these new gen hemis make monster power.

I know many guys that build more streetable builds that are very safe in a 6.1 and make 550-600 RWHP easy, weak link is the clutch.

I love my stick, here is a pic too.

426 stroker twin turbo RDP build tuned at the IX Center yesterday ready for the Piston Power Show... Hope you all enjoy BTW done on 18psi with more to come today...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZwSL-UBaOI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 1057rwhp Dodge Challenger on the Dyno by RDP Motorsport USA[/ame]

Attachments

• 392 blue.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 415
Hope I am wrong, but there are not any plans past the 2012 year and Dodge needs a re-fit. We will know more mid 2011.

Some more info on the 6.4 and the stick version too.

Also it seems the reports state at lower RPMs like 2500 it has 90 ftlbs more TQ than the 6.1.

So the car should have some very decent 0-60 times if you can get it to stick.

No it is not a mega hi HP rated engine like a Mustang, but it does have a lot of TQ and a lot in a wide range to boot.

The 6.4 Hemi (392 Hemi) is to be in the 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 and other SRT V8 models. The engine is very different from the one in the Challenger Drag Pack (the Mopar crate engine), not just because it has multiple displacement (four cylinders automatically shut off when not needed to dramatically increase gas mileage). The engines have a different bore, stroke, cam, heads, compression, and intake.

oh2o told Allpar readers about the engine in 2005, with horsepower estimated between 450 and 500; in 2008 we firmed our estimate at 480, and in 2010 it was launched with 475 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. To limit emissions, both spark plugs were used at top dead center and one was used before top dead center to burn off the hydrocarbons, allowing the use of less restrictive catalytic converters. The engine reportedly (“carcharger”) cannot pass durability testing at 525 horsepower, due to piston skirt issues when tested near overheat conditions. (Durability testing reportedly requires 200,000 miles MTBF and extensive testing under extreme conditions.)

The 392 Hemi (6.4 liter) will not have MDS (four cylinder mode) when paired with a manual transmission.

A new, expensive but sturdy eight-speed automatic transmission will eventually go along with the 6.4 Hemi, as well as trucks with Cummins turbodiesels. However, early models will keep the Mercedes five-speed.

Read more at http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html?ktrack=kcplink

So it looks like to forged pistons.

More info too here:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2010/10/dodge-unveils-challenger-srt8-392

I love it I love it I love it....I want to sell everything to get one!!! haha! (I really really do want one!)

i just read it, it doesnt say any thing about NO STICK,,, it says MDS not available on stick shift,,,i would think the stick is still available,, they would have to be crazy to delete the manual tranny,,im glad ive waited,,,im liking what i see on this new SRT

Thanks for the corrections. I reread the article and you were right.:)

-
Back