2013 Dodge Dart Forum

-
I'm curious to see whether they (Chrysler/Fiat/Dodge) make contact with Mopar car clubs and ask guys with original pre-Fiat Darts to bring them by the dealerships to display to pull in potential buyers.

Also found this promo video, filmed in Nashville:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrdxDk_jWkQ"]2013 Dodge Dart - First Look - YouTube[/ame]

As much as I like to see the Dart name live, thats just not a dart, funnily enough I grew up and learned to drive in fiats when I was a 9 year old. They were hopelessly unreliable, and rusted badly, but those boxy old fiats of the 60's and 70's were fun to drive, much like my darts, both were considered good handling cars then, esp compared with what GM had down here....Aussie Holdens :pukerigh:

there is talk at NHRA all ready about the DART replacing the avenger in prostock,,, an artice i read said consider it a neon replacement,,and lets forget the caliper ever exsisted lol DART was said to be the hit of the 2012 detroit auto show,, i think every one was expecting a retro dart like the challnger,,

im on the bubble with this one on one hand my family has always wanted me in a newer car instead of my joe dirt cars, so it would be nice to drive something newer bcoz quite frankly i think the old cars are too valuable through sentimental and collector value for the real world...........on the other hand ....im sure even with the 2.4....no power.....coming from driving BB darts how could i ever enjoy a little car......and i would hope they come Manual transmissions.....i mean its the least they can do. its bad enough the old ones with autos are kinda gay

I kinda like them.
I actually was thinking about getting one to replace the '07 Focus i drive daily now.
For a little under 16 grand, i think they should sell lots of them.
It's just a cheap daily driver throw away car like the a-bodies of old.
Chrysler has to do something to compete with the other auto makers, as it sits, i wouldn't buy anything new from them except maybe a new Challenger.

The 2.4 L engines are made in MEXICO.

Now that's just sad.
My wife and I went to the Carrabba's "Italian" restaurant here in Franklin, TN., and had a surreal experience. All, w/o exception, of the cooks were Mexicans. The guy expediting the meals, as much of an Anglo as myself, was speaking Spanish to them, getting the plates out to the waiters & waitresses. The food is great, but it's just a bit wierd having grown up in the Pittsburgh, PA., area, where real Italians ran and worked in Italian restaurants, to have all the food being cooked in an "Italian restaurant" like Carrabba's by Mexicans. Strange place to have arrived @.
Just my 2 cents, and worth the price.

2 thoughts,....We look at the older cars and say "They sure don't build em like that anymore", then a long time mechanic says "Thank God".
....Hell, I'll buy one, only cause It'll have a stick (I hope),....an its still cheaper than buying another "A" body that is "turn key",...meaning I won't have to work on it for 50 thousand miles or so,.. (like most of you, I got enuf projects)....the only thing the Caliber has gotten is a set of plugs and oil changes,...It gets 35 mpg, grabs 3 gears, I paid 15 large and got a lifetime warrenty to boot. ...Hell, I'd bet the damn thing would probably run if I peed in the gas tank....And they sure as hell look better than all the other "jellybean Mazduzu's and Hondota's.

Do I miss the classic Mopars of yore?...You betcha,...but like em or not, with progress comes change. I got some of each in my fleet. I still support Ma Mopar...

Now if I could just get over my extreme dislike for the whole Fiat thing,....(fix it again tomorrow/tony)....

I figured it would be long before something like this popped up on the net. A new site dedicated to these. To quote Trooper Mount from Blues Brothers " There's that shitbox Dodge again!"

I'm sure they'll be a "new Dart site,....I been to the Caliber site, but I ain't got nuthin in common with them folks, cept for the fact that I have one,...just watched the video,...Tailights are kinda fetching, but thats about it,...don't look like it'll fit my 6' frame tho

-
Back