2014 Scat pack !!

-
I think it is a pretty cool idea. I like that the shaker hood is back as well

Way cool and just proves Chrysler is on the right track.

Really liking the Scat Pack Stuff!

Do I see side pipes on the Charger?

Performance is is impressive. Wow a hot ECU and a nice exhaust system. Dont forget the fancy air filter tube! Big whoop. It's just a bunch of flashy bling and ricer engine tuning (you know the guys "my catback exhaust added 150 hp!"):banghead:

How bout doing those mods on the 392 hemi Chargers and Challengers. Maybe throw a twin screw supercharger in there too.

And maybe turbo the 2.4 in the Dart.

Wonder if the Katzskin leather will make them go even faster?

wow that pic almost looks just like the original scat pack ad they had in the 60s .....yup just like it, four door dart and four charger and all.

why are they trying so hard to re-create something that had its time....why don't they just make something totally new that would still be cool and have its time now.

I think it's cool I ordered a '14 Challenger at the end of September, I got a call today they will start building it tomorrow. I got to admit I am more excited about the new Challenger and new Scat Pack performance items being offered than doing things to my old cars.

why are they trying so hard to re-create something that had its time..[/QUOTE]

Because,history repeats it self.

Why not a V6 in the Dart? I didn't see any shaker scoops.

Performance is is impressive. Wow a hot ECU and a nice exhaust system. Dont forget the fancy air filter tube! Big whoop. It's just a bunch of flashy bling and ricer engine tuning (you know the guys "my catback exhaust added 150 hp!"):banghead:

How bout doing those mods on the 392 hemi Chargers and Challengers. Maybe throw a twin screw supercharger in there too.

And maybe turbo the 2.4 in the Dart.

Wonder if the Katzskin leather will make them go even faster?

now now, calm down. If they added boost to everything it would take it out of the "affordable for most" area. How about we just appreciate and be happy that Chrysler is again doing something different than the others ....

I think it's cool I ordered a '14 Challenger at the end of September, I got a call today they will start building it tomorrow. I got to admit I am more excited about the new Challenger and new Scat Pack performance items being offered than doing things to my old cars.

Hahaha, I thought I was going to be the 'virgin' on the '14 Chally order...:D

With Respects Sir,
Please post a plethora of pics. and associated tech. and driving impressions.
And...

Thank You!

Hahaha, I thought I was going to be the 'virgin' on the '14 Chally order...:D

With Respects Sir,
Please post a plethora of pics. and associated tech. and driving impressions.
And...

Thank You!
why don`t they slim their "tanks" down to mustang weight/ then they could run w/ em--------------bob

I'd drop $20,000 on a light v6 mustang with manual long before twice as much on any of f these basically land yacht C bodies. Mustang is dropping the ball as well by not putting the v6 ecoboost in the mustang. That would be something. Maybe with the redesign.

why don`t they slim their "tanks" down to mustang weight/ then they could run w/ em--------------bob

I'd drop $20,000 on a light v6 mustang with manual long before twice as much on any of f these basically land yacht C bodies. Mustang is dropping the ball as well by not putting the v6 ecoboost in the mustang. That would be something. Maybe with the redesign.

glad im not the only one who is not impressed with the new Chrysler offerings ......the new dart is cool and its not really a blasphemer to a memory since the 4 door dart was a bread and butter car in the 60s and 70s

but a charger 4 door ...really.

and the new challenger is repeating history as being an oversized and over priced car, it did not make huge sales in the 70s ....ever wonder why E-bodies only lasted 4 years as opposed to the a car like the dart that lasted 13 years as an A-body .....these guys didn't make these cars for the fun of it ....they made cars to make sales and the Challengers didn't do it then and they are not really doing it now for a reason.

The new dart has to say "dart" on it or else it would look like a new civic or something. I also wish the 4-door "charger" would have been called the coronet. After all, the coronet was offered in 2 door and 4 door versions. I mean, the charger was always our 2 dr car. It would be like making the mustang or Camaro a 4 door, then call it a GT or SS. So I guess I really like the challenger, and it is recognizable to everyone...
P.S. I'm with RustyRatRod, offer at least a v6 for that dart... Tired of changing timing belts and head gaskets! Been doing that on those Aries, Reliants, Stratus, Avengers, Neons (to shorten the list), NOW THE DART?? LOL

I have to second the question about them living in the past and why they haven't tried something new. It's a bit worrisome.

I'm a generation too late for the original Scat pack but I grew up around guys in my family who were knee-deep in the golden age of the Muscle Cars. The constant exposure to classics at car shows, the '67 GTX out in the driveway, the trips to the drag strip all made a big enough impression on me that these are the cars that most interest me... but I'm in the minority! Most folks my age have little interest in muscle cars and most guys younger than me couldn't pick a Buick GS out of a lineup, let alone have any nostalgia for the Rapid Tranisit System or the Scat Pack.

So for the most part, they're marketing to Babyboomers and the handful of us who appeciate these cars. That's a small demographic.

How much longer will Babyboomers be buying performance cars? :(

I think the concept of the "muscle car" still has legs- "big engine in a cheap car." With the right marketing, these cars may have a future. As much as I love to see it...I'm just not sure that reviving a marketing campaign from 40 years ago is a long term strategy.

I hope this day is coming. Supply and demand....can you imagine if we get another era like the late 70's into the 80's when you could buy Hemi Cuda's for next to nothing....I am hoping all the cars that were restored as replacements for 401K plans dump on the market and we can once again afford some of our dream cars.

I have to second the question about them living in the past and why they haven't tried something new. It's a bit worrisome.

I'm a generation too late for the original Scat pack but I grew up around guys in my family who were knee-deep in the golden age of the Muscle Cars. The constant exposure to classics at car shows, the '67 GTX out in the driveway, the trips to the drag strip all made a big enough impression on me that these are the cars that most interest me... but I'm in the minority! Most folks my age have little interest in muscle cars and most guys younger than me couldn't pick a Buick GS out of a lineup, let alone have any nostalgia for the Rapid Tranisit System or the Scat Pack.

So for the most part, they're marketing to Babyboomers and the handful of us who appeciate these cars. That's a small demographic.

I think the concept of the "muscle car" still has legs- "big engine in a cheap car." With the right marketing, these cars may have a future. As much as I love to see it...I'm just not sure that reviving a marketing campaign from 40 years ago is a long term strategy.

its funny you mention the generation thing. this summer every friday i took my car to a local car show at a burger joint. was small mom and pop type deal. i was always the youngest guy there with a muscle car. im 30 yrs old. i cant count how many times i was asked if it was my dads car. lol

I just cant get into the new Darts oh sorry the new Dodge Alpha Romeo cars. Sorry but if I want a euro car I will buy a euro car, and when I want a damn American sports car I want it to be American. Plus the new Hemi isn't even an actual Hemi. The last true Hemi motor was in a Cadillac and that's just sad. The way I see it if you want to buy a Charger, Challenger, or Dart with a performance package just spend the cash on a old school ride and not a new tinker toy.

now now, calm down. If they added boost to everything it would take it out of the "affordable for most" area. How about we just appreciate and be happy that Chrysler is again doing something different than the others ....
Most people can't afford to buy a $35k challenger and then spend money on WAAAY overpriced crap supe-up kits.

i agree with rani, and the others. theyre marketing to babyboomers cause they have credit. im 25 years old and i dont have any thanks to school loans and lack of good paying jobs. but reviving a 40 year old idea? while it may sound good on paper, when coupled with the 50k challenger and the tiny chevy hemi chally at that,cause lets be honest 5.7 will always stand for 350 small block in my eyes. then proly 55k for the scat pack when those parts prolly cost 2k total. and are lame performance parts at that. the new camshaft would be nice but i bet thats a 60k car then, and thats viper territory.

i see alot of new challys, and ive also seen 3 old 70 ones running around with 6 spds and *** loads of hp. and id still honestly rather pay the big bucks for the mustang track pack car. coyote, 6 spd 3.73s better wheels bigger brakes. sounds much more fun than trying to drive a piss poor excuse for a hemi around in a big heavy car, with the tuning mods like ricers have

-
Back