2014 Scat pack !!

-
Well now that is a discussion and a half. Easy = going out and buying it from the factory. I am sure there were folks in the 60's and 70's with cash that bought them and drove them. Just like there were those who bought them and built them up. I am not sure it is much different today. Big difference is I think in financing the now generation car companies have to find a way to incite the next purchase.

Well, being able to use a tuner program on a 5.7 is a lot easier than making all of the tuning changes you have to do with our 40 year old technology cars of yesteryear. Think about it. Is it really much better to spend time fooling around with different weights and springs because you want to change the distributor curve? Or is it better to have a collection of jets or power valves so you can be humped over the fender to change them out in an effort to tune the carburetor?

As far as the old single door Charger goes. I don't miss the big heavy door that I couldn't swing open wide enough in parking lots. Watching my backseat passengers contort themselves as they tried to get in or out was a lot of fun for me because, since I was the driver, I didn't have to become a human pretzel just to get in.

Most people can't afford to buy a $35k challenger and then spend money on WAAAY overpriced crap supe-up kits.

Well, coming from someone (ME ) who works in the auto industry... There really isn't a "nice" new car that can be had for under $30K .. and yes Most people can and do pay for cars that cost over $35K, they would be real people with real jobs !!! I mean c'mon, a freakin Hyundai will cost you over $30K today ! I wouldn't expect the average 20yr old to be spending money like that on a car, but many folks who are settled in a career and are financially stable have no trouble shelling out that monthly car payment ...

I'd drop $20,000 on a light v6 mustang with manual long before twice as much on any of f these basically land yacht C bodies. Mustang is dropping the ball as well by not putting the v6 ecoboost in the mustang. That would be something. Maybe with the redesign.

I drove a new V6 Camaro last week, I must say I was impressed. that car had no trouble getting up to speed ! I think those and the mustangs are pretty close in V6 horsepower #'s ..

Actually the Camaro might get the new 420 HP twin turbo v6 in 2014 that just came out in the CTS. I personally love turbos, especially living at 3500 feet or higher.

I am glad I wasn't the only one who said "yawn" with this scat pack stuff..again, Chrysler is too late, too little and too expensive..Mustang has it all over them ...and they have a convert. Dollars to chuckles, the 'stang has them beat. And I might add, too bad. What person with kids, mortgage, student loans can pop the money for one of them ?

I hear either Datsun ( new label again for Nissen) or toyota is bringing out a rear wheel drive car in the teens that will be like the old Datsun 510. Just a fun, fling able car that gets great gas millage. ..if they do, I suspect that these will be one in my driveway. Up here, the dart in base is low to mid 20Ks...too much for an econobox..

Agreed, Mustang does give more for the buck ... but its still a mustang, everywhere you turn there are 2 of them. Not taking anything away from them, I just prefer to be "one of the few". Plus its not like we are talking a huge price gap, so if someone cant swing for the $35K challenger then chances are they aren't getting into the $30K mustang either !!

Agreed, Mustang does give more for the buck ... but its still a mustang, everywhere you turn there are 2 of them. Not taking anything away from them, I just prefer to be "one of the few". Plus its not like we are talking a huge price gap, so if someone cant swing for the $35K challenger then chances are they aren't getting into the $30K mustang either !!

Back in 06 or so I saw the new Challenger prototype at the Mopar Nats and said I will find a way to buy one of those...I have to have one. In 2011 I finally got an R/T, 6spd, 3.92 gear, track pack Challenger (leased it at like $500/mth). I thought it was my dream car. A year later I got rid of it because it disappointed me. It is nothing like the 40 year old muscle cars that I enjoy. Too smooth, heavy feeling and all the safely and comfort stuff people expect today just buffered the experience of a great looking performance car. I enjoyed my Barracuda so much more I traded it in on a basic 2 door Wrangler that I enjoy modifying and feel so much more comfortable in.

...you are correct but you can get into a plain jane 6 with a stick new for what 20 K..? This was ford's plan with the mustang in '65... get them out in the public's hands. We need to get the younger generation off their damn computers and phones and into cars..

Just as a comment, and it is probably due to the gouging practices up north, but I got into a v8 stang a lot cheaper than a new chally. I know it has a solid rear axle but that doesn't take anything away from the car. Any you can dolly it up with tons of different aftermarket suppliers offering wares that fit the mustang. When you see my Mustang, you know it is me..and after 6 years on the road, I still get high fives, cheers and kids pulling on their parents hand pointing to my car with a big smile. But in reality, I would rather be driving a 2 door retro Charger based on the '69.

To be unique, the Duster will fill that void quite nicely since I don't think there are 10 on the road in my province.

R4....don't like the looks of it either..actually, after '09 they kinda went downhill in the looks department.. like the originals did.. remember the Mustang II ?

Well, coming from someone (ME ) who works in the auto industry... There really isn't a "nice" new car that can be had for under $30K .. and yes Most people can and do pay for cars that cost over $35K, they would be real people with real jobs !!! I mean c'mon, a freakin Hyundai will cost you over $30K today ! I wouldn't expect the average 20yr old to be spending money like that on a car, but many folks who are settled in a career and are financially stable have no trouble shelling out that monthly car payment ...
Your statement tells me your economy at the shore is doing better than here (remember we were the furniture capitol of the worlds in my area). NOBODY around here can afford a $30-50k car.

@65-440...I hear you. I am the career guy with 6 kids...been driving the same truck for 10 years because I just can't bring myself to spend 55k on a new one! Personally I think it is more fun to build one and spend less doing it.

Your statement tells me your economy at the shore is doing better than here (remember we were the furniture capitol of the worlds in my area). NOBODY around here can afford a $30-50k car.
That doesn't sound to good, I've been looking at a possible job transfer to maybe the Raleigh or Winston salem area ... I don't think our economy is doing that "great", I was just making the statement that the average new car is unfortunately well into the 30K range

@65-440...I hear you. I am the career guy with 6 kids...been driving the same truck for 10 years because I just can't bring myself to spend 55k on a new one! Personally I think it is more fun to build one and spend less doing it.
I wont by a new car either, I like holding the title to all my cars and no car payment ! Truck prices are crazy, who wants to pay over $40K for a truck and then load the bed with gravel ? !! 6 kids, wow ... I stopped at 2 ! You obviously have more patience then me, my 2 drive me nuts !

A couple shots from SEMA of the Scat Pak logo and the Challengers with Shakers. I think the stripe on the orange one should be taken off so the shaker would stand out more.

Attachments

• IMG_4021.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4028.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_4024.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 190
This almost made me throw up......that car is not deserving of wearing the Mopar logo or name.

Attachments

• IMG_4022.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 181
There are only a few places doing good economy wise. The DC area, go figure, on the backs of everybody else, and the oil tracking areas around North Dakota, Wyoming, and Texas. I was just in NC and did see a crap load of new RTs and such but that was in Fayetteville. There's something to say for the army's 3 hots and a cot and spending every other dime on a car!

The new Mustang might be faster, but that's all it has on the Challenger.

I wouldnt be so sure about that. I set out to buy a Challenger R/T, drove it back to back with the Camaro SS and the Mustang GT and came home with a Ferd...well, technically, I ordered it :D

Stripped, Brembo brakes, optional axle ratio....

I love the modern Challenger but the Mustang eats it up for driving dynamics and all around performance.

the new chevy may not be as fast but it sure leads the pack for curb appeal....most of my friends who are girls who don't know which car is which will say that this is the winner in looks Dept. for the newer cars and I have to say I agree. :-?:-?:-? and I think it could be had for a lot less than the challenger.

Attachments

• 2013-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-front-three-quarter-1024x640.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 182
New Camaro..............:puke:

Chally and Stang are both way more sexy than that turd :glasses7:

Glad to see the Scat Pack back.

the new chevy may not be as fast but it sure leads the pack for curb appeal....most of my friends who are girls who don't know which car is which will say that this is the winner in looks Dept. for the newer cars and I have to say I agree. :-?:-?:-? and I think it could be had for a lot less than the challenger.
Don't think so, the Camaro has always been pricey ... its right up there with the challenger

New Camaro..............:puke:

Chally and Stang are both way more sexy than that turd :glasses7:

Glad to see the Scat Pack back.
THANK YOU !!!!!!

performance is is impressive. Wow a hot ecu and a nice exhaust system. Dont forget the fancy air filter tube! Big whoop. It's just a bunch of flashy bling and ricer engine tuning (you know the guys "my catback exhaust added 150 hp!"):banghead:

How bout doing those mods on the 392 hemi chargers and challengers. Maybe throw a twin screw supercharger in there too.

And maybe turbo the 2.4 in the dart.

Wonder if the katzskin leather will make them go even faster?

x2

-
Back