2018 Drag Week

-

Deucemopar

Reaction score
It’s time again lol. Southeast this year. So whose planning .....

My goal is 2019, working on a 70 Swinger to at least hit 11’s and have a good time.

26 hour drive just to get to the start.....

That’s the spirit. Nothing in the snow banks outside ? ;)

I’m not going outside to even look....

C22275DA-DE51-494F-AC27-D46D94EC660C.png

I'll be there. Already booked our hotels. Car averaged 12.27 last year. I was proud of the car for what it is but now have to go faster to compete in Street Machine Eliminator. It's getting a roll cage, Dana 60 and procharger. Shooting for 10.40 average this year. I turn all my wrenches in a car port and the weather has not been cooperating. It's 25 and snowing right now.

Nice. What are you doing to it? Do you have a build thread ?

I started a build thread, but have been too lazy to update it. Have a bunch of pics I can update it and put it on here.

Basically a 70 swinger, 8 3/4 with sure grip, 3.73 gears but the 904 will have the low 2.74 added in, 3600 stall converter. 360 magnum engine with edelbrock rpm heads and rpm airgap intake, cam TBD, I'll run the mr. gasket 1121G head gaskets should put me near 10:1 compression, adding a . 8 point cage (still need to put in), adding a oil windage tray, 750 holley, headers, weld pro stars, paint TBD previous owner primer gray everywhere.

For me it will come down to some things that are happening at work... if everything goes like it should I will build another car, should know for sure before the official drag week sign up date.

I really want to do DW at least once, being in Cali, this year would be a 3-4 day tow, so not this year. I seen that Rocky Mountain Race Week is at the end of June, and is more in the center of the country, Kansas, I'm pondering.

For me it will come down to some things that are happening at work... if everything goes like it should I will build another car, should know for sure before the official drag week sign up date.

Be great to see you there again!

I started a build thread, but have been too lazy to update it. Have a bunch of pics I can update it and put it on here.

Basically a 70 swinger, 8 3/4 with sure grip, 3.73 gears but the 904 will have the low 2.74 added in, 3600 stall converter. 360 magnum engine with edelbrock rpm heads and rpm airgap intake, cam TBD, I'll run the mr. gasket 1121G head gaskets should put me near 10:1 compression, adding a . 8 point cage (still need to put in), adding a oil windage tray, 750 holley, headers, weld pro stars, paint TBD previous owner primer gray everywhere.

Cool. Sounds like solid build especially for DW! Looking forward to pics

I'll be there. Already booked our hotels. Car averaged 12.27 last year. I was proud of the car for what it is but now have to go faster to compete in Street Machine Eliminator. It's getting a roll cage, Dana 60 and procharger. Shooting for 10.40 average this year. I turn all my wrenches in a car port and the weather has not been cooperating. It's 25 and snowing right now.

Nice! I would think the pro charger would get you there no prob! Ya. Weather is bit much now. We already change the converter (best 10.95 ET at 127 with 1.86 60ft ... easy to see weak link lol) but won’t get chance to test it til March at best. New alternator (we ate 3 or 4 last year , couldn’t keep up the count lol ) will go on and we need figure out exhaust. Open headers was ridiculous even with ear plugs and muffs - we just ran out of time building it up to day before we left. But really no clearance underneath so maybe some side pipes. Lol.

Stay warm man!

I really want to do DW at least once, being in Cali, this year would be a 3-4 day tow, so not this year. I seen that Rocky Mountain Race Week is at the end of June, and is more in the center of the country, Kansas, I'm pondering.

Few people we know or met last year at DW are doing RMRW. Ones that did it last year said it was blast. If you can, definitely do it!

I’m hoping to be at Beechbend the first day but won’t be traveling for any other events

Huge score today as I prep for 2019. Found a guy desperate for cash and he sold me all these parts brand new. They were on an engine but never ran it and pulled the parts off and sold them to me. 1100 bucks. And no the parts weren’t hot.

Eddy rpm magnum heads
Hughes roller cam
Comp cams roller rockers
Arp head bolts
Comp cams double roller timing chain
Eddy pushrods the good hardened ones
Roller lifters

3000 grand worth of parts for 1100. Yea buddy

Gonnna sell the cam, not the grind I need. Too stock.

DE76C5B8-F571-41C5-B4C6-CAD2A55EFC2E.jpeg

95788E28-677C-41CA-9424-C01FCD2C345E.jpeg

AF20F6EC-DA50-4546-99B0-C4372A283896.jpeg

-
Back