2019 Superbird

-
A guy in our local area converted his newer model Challenger into "Superbird." It has the big *** wing on the back and this winter he added the nose cone with hide-away lights. The best part is that it is a V6 Challenger. I will have to see if I can dig up a picture of it here somewhere or get one the next time I see it and share.

A guy in our local area converted his newer model Challenger into "Superbird." It has the big *** wing on the back and this winter he added the nose cone with hide-away lights. The best part is that it is a V6 Challenger. I will have to see if I can dig up a picture of it here somewhere or get one the next time I see it and share.

don`t bother, we don`t want to see it !!

There’s a post on the web about that superbird link bein a virus, good thing it’s so ugly that I didn’t even care to open it!

I smile every time I read about the Daytona's and Superbird's. I have never seen a restored one that even came close to the crappy workmanship that were on those cars. I'm sure even Graveyard Cars would have trouble purposely building one that looked as bad as those cars did. They had horrible paint, crappy bodywork, and even crooked air vents on top of the fenders. BTW Chrysler was not the only one whose special cars were bad. The AMC Scrambler suffered the same fate. The air scoop was so bad it made the whole car look crooked.

don`t bother, we don`t want to see it !!

Oh, but you do want to see it!

New Superbird.jpg
New Superbird 2.jpg

to be truthful, that's all the originals were just roadrunners and chargers w/ parts added !

...........And I didn't care for them then, either. Plus "the craze" on building/ cloning "wing" cars has way inflated the cost of a hardtop Belvedere/Satellite

I have good friend locally who has a real-deal nut and bolt restored 70 Superbird, and while I am not a big fan of the wing cars either, it is a pretty awesome car.

IMG_7671.JPG

I like the original birds and daytonas but this challenger bird fake thing just made me throw up a little looking at it.

That Challenger bird thing is pushing 8 years old.

Any chance we can get a retroactive abortion on that one?

It doesn't sound like too many of you guys fell for this but in case anyone forgot, Dodge, along with Ford (and likely others soon) are getting out of the car business in the North American market. The Charger and Challenger sell well but they're at the end of their looonnnggg life cycles and there's nothing concrete saying that they'll be replaced. The masses buy SUVs and CUVs almost exclusively now.

Ford has said that the Mustang will continue on at least, so maybe there's hope?

Mustang and the fusion, mustang to be introduced to nascar.

Yeah...but I read somewhere that the Fusion (along with Focus) will run out it's model life and not be replaced...so maybe a couple more years on that one?

It's going to be weird to see the Mustang face on the NASCAR body. :(

You can actually tell the NASCAR bodies apart from each other?

Oh, absolutely not. :D
Which is why it will be really strange to have the Mustang visage stretched over that generic nose.

I don't know about you guys but I haven't had a favorite driver in NASCAR for a long time (since Richard Petty retired, actually) and without recognizable CARS my interest in the sport has dropped off severely.

Oh, absolutely not. :D
Which is why it will be really strange to have the Mustang visage stretched over that generic nose.

I don't know about you guys but I haven't had a favorite driver in NASCAR for a long time (since Richard Petty retired, actually) and without recognizable CARS my interest in the sport has dropped off severely.

#43 that's the first model I ever built.

From the one article, I assume this is a FCA car?
If marketing wants to ride coat tails, let them make a real stand alone car line and not these lazy, cross branding ploys.
Here I was thinking since Plymouth is no more, things like Road Runner were safe.
Sort of like Latin, a dead language that can't be bastardized.
Silly me.

I'd still want one of these though.:lol:

View attachment 1715170381
I have a 75 Duster body that I’m seriously considering building one of these with as smooth an undercarriage as possible, aluminum and fiberglass wherever possible and with a 3 or 4cyl engine to see how much mpg I can squeeze out of it. :D

kinda like the 1977 Challenger? ..I mean, really? Engineers come up with this during happy hour?

-
Back