2019 Superbird

-
Will sit on showroom floors like the originals, and then will be worth...

download.jpeg

I have a 75 Duster body that I’m seriously considering building one of these with as smooth an undercarriage as possible, aluminum and fiberglass wherever possible and with a 3 or 4cyl engine to see how much mpg I can squeeze out of it. :D
Just buy a Chevy Sonic and be done with it.

kinda like the 1977 Challenger? ..I mean, really? Engineers come up with this during happy hour?
No, they came up with it because that's what Richard Petty demanded in order to leave Ford and come back to Plymouth. He won 75 races the next year before NASCAR outlawed the Superbird.

Yep They had the dodge daytona in 1969, and petty ran a torino talladega in 1969 because the plymouths were not competitive without the aero aids. You got to win to bring home the bacon.

I’d do it more for the fun/challenge of it than to have it as a primary driver. Get a super fuel efficient car and gut it and put the drivetrain in the Duster, slam it, lighten it as much as possible and do it all as cheaply as humanly possible

Lots of thin race fiberglass, carbon fiber, aluminum etc. Super fuel effiecent cars are typically FWD. Have fun converting that drivetrain to *** end drive for a duster body. Ecoboost 4 banger out of an F150 would be ideal since its already *** end drive and has a double overdriven transmission. Have fun with wiring up the ECM to make it all work. Would be neat. How bout do all that minus engine, and convert it to electric power like white zombie in the youtube vids or the zombie 222 mustang also on youtube.

-
Back