2021 hunting season

-
Stuck one on Saturday, not the best rack but I'll take it
View attachment 1715818072
My brother in law got him a good one yesterday it had a beaten up broken rack like yours. Just a comparison of how big his is. This is side by side with mine. And I thought mine was a good one. His dwarfs mine.

received_178594914474939.jpeg

Muleys are considerably larger than White Tails.. aka rabbits ..lol

The big one barely makes it into Pope and Young .
Yea they are quite a bit larger. I always thought it was funny the farther south you go the smaller they get ( body wise) and the farther north you go the bigger they get. I. Canada whitetails are freaking massive compared to here but down in Florida they look tiny. I have a brother that lives in Florida I was down visiting him one time and was really surprised at the amount of whitetails there but at first I was so confused they all looked like yearlings to me. I asked him why are all the deer down here so young are there that many hunters? He looked at me confused like what are you talking about? He said thats as big as they get. Lol

My son (on the left) and nephew last weekend in Missouri.

06854B68-835A-461E-A56B-257471511235.jpeg

these are medium size for the area. We’ve taken some nice ones off this farm in years past.

B06AA6D3-137C-4F1F-9A23-2ABA5E16C951.jpeg

72B729FE-04B6-4606-8C62-A97E4806EC6A.jpeg

What I thought was a successful day hunting may be changing.....This is all I saw or heard Saturday!

I’d trade all my hunting days for a day like that!

One of the deacons at my grandfathers church in Appalachia took a rough city teenager squirrel and deer hunting and it fundamentally changed that kids life.

You know/have any young'ns? take one a couple times. It's good people time for both parties.
teach them where to hit the deer ahead of time though. I was handed an M1 .30 carbine in the dark on my first deer hunt and one quartered toward me just after sunrise. Fortunately, the deer never heard the gun between shots and it kept coming. Kinda made a mess of him.

I may have to find that deacon and give some thanks today.....

I filled my doe tag last night on a small doe the neighbors wounded that came hobbling onto my property. Long story, but we do not see eye to eye, so I put it out of its misery.

I filled my doe tag last night on a small doe the neighbors wounded that came hobbling onto my property. Long story, but we do not see eye to eye, so I put it out of its misery.
That is good im glad you was able to put it down and put some food on the table instead of the coyotes getting her

-
Back