2024 14th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time Again!!!

-
The latest I saw was 9 hours ago saying he had been admitted to the hospital ICU for observation and evaluation
That’s the same report they’ve passed around. Brittany said he was talking and alert in the ambulance but I’ve heard nothing newer than that.

That’s the same report they’ve passed around. Brittany said he was talking and alert in the ambulance but I’ve heard nothing newer than that.

The latest report on John Force posted on www.competitionplus.com this morning reads:

The statement from the team said, '"Attending doctors purposely were moving slowly in assessing the extent of the injuries to the Hall of Fame owner and driver because of the intensity of the impact. Medical staff will not provide a treatment and recovery timetable until a total evaluation is completed.
"Force’s daughter Brittany, a two-time champion, was joined at the hospital by her mother, Laurie, and sisters Adria, Ashley, and Courtney. The family will maintain a presence while the team competes this weekend in Norwalk, Ohio.
"Updates on the 157-time tour winner’s condition will be released at the discretion of the medical staff."

The team has not announced whether a substitute driver for the 16-time series champion will carry on in a back-up Funny Car.
Brittany Force in her Top Fuel dragster and Virginia Funny Car winner Austin Prock will race this weekend at the Summit Racing Equipment Nationals at Norwalk.

Here's your "official Tuesday Before the Event" reminder for the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals scheduled for June 27-30 at Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH.

Please post your picks before qualifying starts so you will be eligible for all event bonus points.

NHRA is back to a "standard" qualifying schedule: Q1 and Q2 on Friday, Q3 and Q4 on Saturday. The first of the scheduled four rounds of Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 5:00pm EDT (2:00pm PDT) on Friday.

nhra.com currently shows the following number of entries:
* 20 Top Fuel
* 18 Funny Car
* 18 Pro Stock
* 14 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Those counts are always subject to change so make sure to check to make sure your driver picks are entered.

Please check nhra.com to make sure your picks are competing in this event.
Although John Force is entered in Funny Car, the team has not yet announced whether a substitute driver for the 16-time series champion will carry on in a back-up Funny Car.

The current weather forecast for Norwalk, OH, calls for
* Friday - mostly sunny with a high of 84F
* Saturday - 67% chance of heavy rain through most of the day with a high of 85F
* Sunday - mostly sunny with a high of 75F

The current television schedule for the Summit Racing Equipment Nationals...
* Qualifying: 2:00-4:00pm EDT (11:00am-1:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 30, on FS1
* Finals (Round 1): 4:00-5:00pm EDT (1:00-2:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 30 on FS1
* Finals (Rounds 2-4): 5:00-7:00pm EDT (2:00-4:00pm PDT), Sunday, June 30 on FOX

All television coverage will also re-air at later times. Check www.nhra.com.

Last edited:
@Back in Time, @johnnycuda
Post on nhra.com this morning says Brittany will not compete next weekend in Norwalk as she will remain at the hospital in solidarity with her family for John. Austin Prock will compete in Funny Car.
Brittany currently is in the #10 spot in Top Fuel, 60 points ahead of Josh Hart, with five race events to go before the Countdown. Sitting out at Norwalk will only give her four events before the Countdown to solidify a playoff spot.

John Forc
e has been transferred from the trauma ICU to the neuro ICU where the medical team can focus on his head injury which is their primary concern.

John Force improving, faces long road ahead; Brittany to sit out Norwalk race

Last edited:
I carried over my Thunder Valley picks to Virginia but they let me down big time.
So I'm carrying them over again to Norwalk hoping they won't let me down two weeks in a row.

@memike, qualifying starts today for the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals at Norwalk, OH.
Don't forget to post your picks before Q1.

Change Brittany force to Antron Brown
if she is put this week thx

@johnnycuda
Done.
Your recorded picks for Norwalk are:
TF Antron Brown (Norwalk race only)
FC Austin Prock
PS Greg Anderson
PSM Gaige Herrera

Please let me know if you want to make any additional changes.

Last edited:
2024 Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 81F, 66% relative humidity, barometer 29.88", adjusted altitude 3,177', track temp. 115F

TF: Dan Mercier, 3.790; Jasmine Salinas @ 329.58
FC: Austin Prock, 3.892; Bob Tasca III @ 329.32
PS: Greg Anderson, 6.592; Eric Latino @ 208.36
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.748 @ 201.31

Q2
Weather: 79F, 62% relative humidity, barometer 29.88", adjusted altitude 3,033', track temp. n/a

TF: Doug Kalitta, 3.692 @ 332.92
FC: Austin Prock, 3.863; J.R. Todd @ 332.02
PS: Greg Anderson, 6.592; Eric Latino @ 208.36
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.748 @ 201.31

(06/29) At 1:51pm EDT (10:51am PDT) it has stopped raining in Norwalk and the weather is currently mostly cloudy and 81F. The forecast is for similar conditions with heavy rain forecast starting at 6:00pm EDT (3:00pm PDT). They may not be able to get two more rounds of qualifying in today.
Sunday's forecast is for mostly sunny conditions all day with a forecast high of 70F.

Last edited:
-
Back