2024 15th Annual FABO NASCAR "Pick 'Em" Game - One More Time!!!

-
Love this track.. My daughter lived in Alabama for several years when she went to Auburn Univ., and I would always time our visits to coincide with race day. Didn't really get the southern feel in her town because it's a college town, with a lot of people from all over. When I went to the track, I KNEW this NY'er was in the south. Damn y'all.... loved it. :thumbsup:

I'll take #22 Logano and long shot # 6 Keselowski for the win

#34 Michael McDowell was the quickest around 'Dega during qualifying.
No Pole Pick bonus point awarded this week.

@memike, please post your Talladega race picks. Talladega race picks must be posted before the scheduled 3:15PM EDT (12:15PM PDT) green flag.

Mike, please advise if you want me 'lock' some Pole and/or race picks for the future 2024 season races so you will be eligible for Pole/race points should you no post individual picks in time? Of course, you will be able to change picks for specific races if you want.
Please advise.

Thanks

FYI, the latest FABO posting by 'memike' was yesterday (04/20/24) at 3:34am PDT on the "STOP in for a cup of coffee" thread. He mentioned a family medical emergency.
If he doesn't post updated Talladega race picks before the green flag today, I will carry over his Texas race picks (#22 Logano and #12 Blaney) from last week so he will be eligible for points from Talladega c. I believe it is the fairest thing to do.
Please let me know if this causes 'heartburn' for anybody.

Last edited:
Yes, and thank you Ken, Blainy is one of the best pushers and being pushed give me him and Joey Lagono please

Love this track.. My daughter lived in Alabama for several years when she went to Auburn Univ., and I would always time our visits to coincide with race day. Didn't really get the southern feel in her town because it's a college town, with a lot of people from all over. When I went to the track, I KNEW this NY'er was in the south. Damn y'all.... loved it. :thumbsup:

I'll take #22 Logano and long shot # 6 Keselowski for the win
BK got close today

McDowell drove like an idiot, the last lap. Drive stupid, win stupid prizes.
How bout Lajoie finishing the race on NO tires, then doing a backflip to end up rubber side down!

So how do you spell "MAYHEM"? I spell it T-A-L-L-A-D-E-G-A.
Just ask #7 Corey LaJoie who crossed the finish line of the GEICO 500 yesterday in 18th place with all four of his car's wheels rolling on the steel skin of the outside wall SAFER Barrier of the track instead of the racing surface. Just on the other side of his driver-side window net all he could see was asphalt and out of the front windscreen was the underside of the #4 of Josh Berry and the passenger side of the #41 of Ryan Preece against the roof of his car. When everything finally stopped sliding, the #7 was upside down on its roof. Typical Talladega.

https://www.nascar.com/videos/franc...s-wild-ride-across-the-talladega-finish-line/

No race winner bonus points were won at Talladega SuperSpeedway since nobody picked #45 Tyler Reddick for the win.

Congratulations to '44070dart' (FABO) for grabbing
-3 bonus points by being the only player to pick race runner-up #6 Brad Keselowski.

'44070dart' (FABO) also had the low net score for the week with 5.5 points

#2 Austin Cindric was the race leader at the end of Stage 1, #9 Chase Elliott was in 2nd.
#22 Joey Logano was the race leader at the end of Stage 2, #2 Austin Cindric was in 2nd.

Here are the game standings following the 2024 GEICO 500 at Talladega SuperSpeedway:
Yunick13 (FABO) 34.5 LP20 8 9
(S1-1) 26 15 54.0
cuda20 (FABO) 53.0 (no Pole pick) 9 11
(S1-1) 15 37 78.0
LocuMob (FABO) 70.0 LP5 L9 L19
(S1-1) 15 11 82.0
ocdart (FABO) 84.0 LP20 L5 L24 21 7 98.0
Alsant (FBBO) 86.0 LP24 5 27 21 7 100.0
Back in Time (FABO) 76.5 P20 11 20 37 38 114.0
riverdawg (FBBO) 103.5 P24 L19 L23 11 36 127.0
44070dart (FABO) 129.5 P12 22 6
(S2-2) 19 2 -3 135.0
Sublime one (FABO) 111.0 LP5 L8 L11 26 37 142.5
fishmens67 (FABO) 123.0 LP24 22 8
(S2-2) 19 26 143.5
memike (FABO) 126.0 (no Pole pick) 22 12
(S2-2) 19 20 143.5

As a reminder here's a quick explanation of what the above numbers represent:
(your score before the race) (your Pole pick car #) (Pole winner bonus point) (race pick car #) (race pick car #) (Stage 1 bonus points) (Stage 2 bonus points) (race pick finish position) (race pick finish position) (race winner/runner-up bonus points) (your score after the race)

Please let me know if I show either your Pole or Race picks incorrectly or if you have any questions.

Please post your picks for the next race and let me know if you want to "lock" them in for future weeks. I will put an "L" before either your Pole pick or your race picks to show they've been "locked".
As always, you can always make different picks each week. Your "locked" picks will always be there should you forget to post your race picks, your computer malfunctions or the site should go down temporarily.

Don't forget to get your picks for the Wurth 400 at Dover Motor Speedway posted before the green flag drops at approximately 2:15 PM EDT (11:15 AM PDT) on Sunday, April 28. Any race picks or changes to previously posted race picks for this race posted after 2:00PM EDT (11:00 AM PDT) will not be recognized.

Your Pole Pick for Dover will need to be posted before qualifying starts at 11:20AM EDT (8:20AM PDT) on Saturday, April 27. Any qualifying picks or changes to previously posted qualifying picks for this race posted after 11:20AM EDT (8:20AM PDT) will not be recognized.

Cup Series qualifying will immediately follow the scheduled Cup Series practice shown on the Dover schedule on nascar.com.

Last edited:
Legacy Motor Club announced yesterday (04/23/24) that Erik Jones, driver of the #43 Toyota, will miss the upcoming Wurth 400 at Dover Motor Speedway. Corey Heim will drive the #43 as long as Jones is out of the driver seat.
Jones was involved in a nose-first wreck into the outside retaining wall at Talladega and suffered a compression fracture in a lower vertebra. There is no current timetable for Jones return to driving the #43.
NASCAR has granted a medical waiver for the Cup Series playoffs and Erik Jones would be allowed to qualify for the postseason playoffs despite being sidelined should he meet all other requirements.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...dover-cup-series-race-corey-heim-substitutes/

Last edited:
Noticed he'll be driving in the 200th win Petty tribute car.

Buscher (17) pole.

A few weeks early, here is the format and driver eligibility requirements for the upcoming 2024 NASCAR All-Star Race scheduled for May 19 at North Wilkesboro Speedway. You can start planning your strategy and driver selection.
NASCAR drivers who have won a Cup Series race in either 2023 or 2024, or is a past All-Star Race winner and is currently competing full-time in the Cup Series, or is a past Cup Series champion.
The 18 drivers currently eligible are:
* A.J. Allmendinger
* Christopher Bell
* Ryan Blaney
* Chris Buescher
* Kyle Busch
* William Byron
* Ross Chastain
* Chase Elliott
* Denny Hamlin
* Brad Keselowski
* Kyle Larson
* Joey Logano
* Michael McDowell
* Tyler Reddick
* Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
* Daniel Suarez
* Martin Truex Jr.
* Shane van Gisbergen
Any new winners from the upcoming races at Dover Speedway, Kansas Speedway, and Darlington Speedway will be added to this list.
The top two position holders from the upcoming All-Star Open can join the list as well as the top choice from the All-Star fan vote.
Another new wrinkle this year is each team will be given three segments of tires for use over the weekend, a "prime" tire (yellow 'Good Year Eagle' lettering), an "option" tire (red lettering), and a "wet weather" tire (white lettering), with specifics regarding usage. The "prime" tires are mandatory for qualifying. For practice, heats, and the All-Star Open the teams can choose which tire to start. Also, all the teams should have to start with option tires in the NASCAR All-Star race and all four tires of the car should be of the same type. Lastly, the wet weather tire will only be used on a wet track.
Confused yet?

05/01/24 update:
An announcement today said Shane van Gisbergen will not be competing in the 2024 NASCAR All-Star Race scheduled for May 19 at North Wilkesboro Speedway. Trackhouse Racing would have been required to provide a third car for him in addition to the cars they will already provide for Ross Chastain and Daniel Suarez.

Last edited:
-
Back